Author Topic: Time to educate yourself-photoshop tutorials  (Read 3459 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Time to educate yourself-photoshop tutorials
« on: March 18, 2020, 08:43:05 PM »
Really my Photoshop skills suck, so now might be a good time to get some education. You guys know of some particularly good Photoshop for screenprinters tutorials on YouTube or anywhere else online?

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Time to educate yourself-photoshop tutorials
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 09:27:06 PM »
Lots on You Tube.....Best to keep sampling until you find an instructor you like....So many different styles of instructors.....some will drive you crazy....I like Terry White for Illustrator....But he also does other Adobe products....

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 10:12:37 AM »
Stay tuned to my YouTube channel Dot-Tone-Dan Campbell   Not much there yet, (small nibbles) one the years, but you will start to see more and more of them very soon.

I am working on some now.  Rising sun as you know, is very good. I would watch all of his.  There are others with some sprinkles of good info and in those, most have content that is questionable or leaves out important parts. The hard part of watching 3-10 different people is the inconsistency and piecing together the information.

I’m giving it a shot. I am building a long list of videos in sequence specifically for screen print art and separations from beginners to experts in both vector and raster. I’ve been told over the years that I’m a great teacher, but I fear the bad part is that I’m not as great at staying on track. (I jump around a lot). Got a lot in my head and I can jump to various other scenarios while supposed to be on one main subject. I know that and have a fear of that and it has held me back from doing tutorials for a long time.  I’m pushing through.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 10:49:19 AM »
Ah yes, adult ADD, had it forever... look! A squirrel!

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 09:54:50 PM »
I think Adobe makes their products with a wide capability to personalize workflow to what works best for you.
This tends to give people confusion that maybe they're doing something wrong if they were achieving the same result in a different way.
Once you get a good workflow that works for you things really start to flow and you really start to feel free...and then you go down a rabbit-hole and realize there's so much more you can learn.

There are definitely better and shorter ways to do almost any set of tasks tho.

I look forward to hearing what Dan has to say.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 12:42:54 PM »
 Lynda.com have good courses.
If you pay for LinkedIn you get it free.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il