Author Topic: Squeegee Angles  (Read 6978 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Squeegee Angles
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 10:02:15 AM »
Thanks for all the greatfeedback on this topic...Sonny I use the DB blades and yes they work great for my white inks, glitterinks and shimmers.  The deep angle I using now 20 to 30 seems to work for what I was doing, I'll just have to test more as the year moves on.  What I was very impressed with was printing the halftones wet on wet and not getting dot gain and mudded up.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 02:25:25 PM »
no angle double bevel.

Is no angle the same as 90?  (not too up on the DB terminology)

I usually leave angles around 15 degrees unless something isn't working right with the standard profile, or I'm using a CF.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 02:34:36 PM »
no angle double bevel.

I usually leave angles around 15 degrees unless something isn't working right with the standard profile, or I'm using a CF.

which brings a good point, if no angle is upright, than 20-30 degrees I am referring to is from the upright position or 60-70 from horizontal. Sort of like this /

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 02:37:32 PM »
no angle double bevel.

HA!   That depends on what angle you are looking at it from. LOL.  A 90 degree could be considered a 0 degree or no angle, but could also be loosely called a vertical angle. :)

I think when someone refers to "no angles" it might mean as in random dots.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 03:01:52 PM »
I could certainly see why you would--although no angle could mean circular...   :)  (or *all* angles?)

I guess I should have phrased it like this--  if you cut 45 degree bevels off each edge of a blade, is that the DB no angle blade being discussed?  I keep thinking I need to try some out, but haven't gotten around to it.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 03:27:50 PM »
I could certainly see why you would--although no angle could mean circular...   :)  (or *all* angles?)

I guess I should have phrased it like this--  if you cut 45 degree bevels off each edge of a blade, is that the DB no angle blade being discussed?  I keep thinking I need to try some out, but haven't gotten around to it.

which brings another good point (damn a prickly day today . . .), there are different angles on the DB blades. Some are at 30 deg and some are at 45. We need the angles to be able to compare them!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!