Author Topic: Corel Question  (Read 3532 times)

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Corel Question
« on: April 28, 2020, 03:14:52 AM »
How can I get Corel to save to the file I am working on?
If I have a file open in Corel and print to PDF or export to JPG to goes to the last files I worked on and I have to find the file I am presently working on in Corel.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Corel Question
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 09:53:43 AM »
Doesn't it ask you if you want to save changes to "Untitled-1" (or whatever #) when you close out? It doesn't care if you exported it as a jpg or printed to pdf, or File/Publish to Pdf, or Save As/pdf.
Also, at any point, while the file is open, Control/S opens the Save Drawing Window if naming for the first time, or merely saves all changes to an existing file.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 01:03:40 PM »
It does ask me where I want to save the file but it usually shows me the folder of the last file I worked on.
I want to export or send the pdf to the folder I am working on at the moment.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 02:16:07 PM »
It does ask me where I want to save the file but it usually shows me the folder of the last file I worked on.
I want to export or send the pdf to the folder I am working on at the moment.

Well then, tell it so.
Our computers seem to want to help us and do some thinking for us, and tend to do the same as they just did. For me, I have a job with a name, Let's say, a job for you called Maxie. The Maxie file gets saved in my "Frog Jobs" folder (current for this year) It gets saved as a cdr file by default.  If I want a low rez jpg for a client, it gets exported, either by default to the Frog Jobs folder, or, if I recently did so, to the desktop where I just keep it temporarily.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline aauusa

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 02:24:01 PM »
if you save the file, and then want to export the file to the same folder where you saved it it will not go to that folder unless you exported it there the last time you exported.    Meaning you will have to point it to the folder where you saved it at.  it only remembers the last place you exported the file, it does not take into consideration where you saved it.  they are to completely different functions.