Author Topic: Looks like i need a new ink jet unless anyone has an idea how to unclog heads  (Read 2697 times)

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

Lit up my Epson 3000 for the first time in 6 yrs...been setting on my desk in my office all this time. Controlled enviorment and never touched. Loaded ink carts today and went to run a test page not expecting much and all that printed was the Cyan...so ok..figured id run a few utility test..head cleaning and what not...still only Cyan prints...so I DL'ed the SSC Service Utility suggested to me on the boards here and that did ZERO to it...so I'm running print test and head cleaning test and nozzel test over and over and still only Cyan prints...I did read that i can clean the heads with a qtip and windex but no idea how to get to the heads without taking the whole thing apart.

So does anyone have any suggestions? THe Magenta and Black are brand new carts..the cyan and yellow were unopened new in plastic wrapper out the box but 6 yrs old.....yet the cyan is printing perfectly.

My OTHER issue is after I loaded the drivers for Epson 3000 I then loaded my FastRip....but I realized I need a dongle for it...i have the plastic container the dongle came in with the serial number on it...but no dongle!..This was over 6 yrs ago when I purchased FastFilms and FastRip..I have NO IDEA what ever happened ot the dongle....and the way I understand it is I cant run fastrip without that usb dongle...I emailed Scott Fresner about what to do but in the process of writing the email i noticed on the container it clearly states no repelacements can be purchased is lost or stolen.....i emailed him anyway.

It looks like im screwed all around in the printer department....unless i purchase yet another printer and a rip program.

so if anyone has a suggestion for either topic I would greatly appreciate it.
Mark

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
Lit up my Epson 3000 for the first time in 6 yrs...been setting on my desk in my office all this time. Controlled enviorment and never touched. Loaded ink carts today and went to run a test page not expecting much and all that printed was the Cyan...so ok..figured id run a few utility test..head cleaning and what not...still only Cyan prints...so I DL'ed the SSC Service Utility suggested to me on the boards here and that did ZERO to it...so I'm running print test and head cleaning test and nozzel test over and over and still only Cyan prints...I did read that i can clean the heads with a qtip and windex but no idea how to get to the heads without taking the whole thing apart.

So does anyone have any suggestions? THe Magenta and Black are brand new carts..the cyan and yellow were unopened new in plastic wrapper out the box but 6 yrs old.....yet the cyan is printing perfectly.

My OTHER issue is after I loaded the drivers for Epson 3000 I then loaded my FastRip....but I realized I need a dongle for it...i have the plastic container the dongle came in with the serial number on it...but no dongle!..This was over 6 yrs ago when I purchased FastFilms and FastRip..I have NO IDEA what ever happened ot the dongle....and the way I understand it is I cant run fastrip without that usb dongle...I emailed Scott Fresner about what to do but in the process of writing the email i noticed on the container it clearly states no repelacements can be purchased is lost or stolen.....i emailed him anyway.

It looks like im screwed all around in the printer department....unless i purchase yet another printer and a rip program.

so if anyone has a suggestion for either topic I would greatly appreciate it.

Soak a paper towel in windex and park the head on it for a few hours. THEN run the SSC utility in "powerful" cleaning mode. Do 2-3 cycles at a time before running the nozzle check.

I brought a completely dead 1520 and 3000 back to life this way. Completely clogged, left for dead, picked up free on Craig's List.

As far as the dongle, can't help you there. Accurip may be a good investment right now, especially when the 3000 bites the dust once and for all and you need proper RIP support for a new printer.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
we found this worked really well to unclog two 3000 we bought on Ebay.
Go to staples they sell generic ink refill kits for about $20.00. in that kit you will find bottles of ink C M Y K and a bottle of pink liquid . The pink liquid is cleaner and is your target. we removed the print head from the printer put about  1/8 inch of this liquid in a small container and set the print head in it over night. Immediately upon putting the print head in the ink began to bleed into the cleaner solvent. This is the only liquid we found that will have any impact on the Epson ink.
By the way we tried alcohol, windex, oil of wintergreen, witch hazel, MEK, tolulene, lime away, and a few others we do not remember. the pink liquid bet them all...I'am just say'n   for us it worked great.
you can also google this term for tons of links also     clogged epson printer heads

mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline squeezee

I use alcohol/water/ammonia/glycerin, it clears most things.
imagesetters for screenprinting  A Troll-free zone :-)

got it working....took a lot of head cleans and did the "ammonia windex on caps then slide print head over caps and let sit for over night" routine...did that twice......now printing fine...thanks for the ideas everyone!

Now I need to find that freaking FastRip dongle!...its been 6.5 yrs since i removed it from the back of my desktop pc....it HAS to be in my house somewhere!
Mark

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
got it working....took a lot of head cleans and did the "ammonia windex on caps then slide print head over caps and let sit for over night" routine...did that twice......now printing fine...thanks for the ideas everyone!

Now I need to find that freaking FastRip dongle!...its been 6.5 yrs since i removed it from the back of my desktop pc....it HAS to be in my house somewhere!

that's good news Mark. If you do not find the dongle, check out the Film Maker from Cadlink. They used to offer an upgrade for the FRip users.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Maybe Fresener could help you too...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Ha, fresener won't help you, he will accuse you of stealing it.  I've seen this one before on the old, old boards...several times.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
The Film Maker upgrade still requires the dongle from Fast Rip, with out that dongle you should not even bother with that old software and just buy a new program.
"No man is an island"

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Ha, fresener won't help you, he will accuse you of stealing it.  I've seen this one before on the old, old boards...several times.

I suspect that with proof of ownership, that would not be the case.
Perhaps he is being a little paranoid as who in this industry would ever use a copy or bootleg version of software? :o
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Perhaps.

Perhaps he is being a little paranoid as who in this industry would ever use a copy or bootleg version of software? :o

actually i was in emails with Mr. Scott...I have all proof of ownership of FastRip 7.0 ..serial numbers for software and dongle...(I even have Fastfilms)...I have all the original packaging it came in and all serial numbers were verified on Mr. Scott's end..and he said basically FastRip is useless without the dongle and unless I find it im out of luck...but he did say I can upgrade to T-Rip with $200 discount off regular price....I told him I need to generate some biz first...I've only had one job since i got up and running again and that job was last month. For now I will just let someone else print out my film for me until I generate some income and can reinvest

So what im getting at Mr. Scott was very nice and helpful and even responded to me on New Years day
Mark

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Mark make sure your upgrade to T-Rip will include a dongle or something from them.
"No man is an island"

Offline squeezee

actually i was in emails with Mr. Scott...I have all proof of ownership of FastRip 7.0 ..serial numbers for software and dongle...(I even have Fastfilms)...I have all the original packaging it came in and all serial numbers were verified on Mr. Scott's end..and he said basically FastRip is useless without the dongle and unless I find it im out of luck...but he did say I can upgrade to T-Rip with $200 discount off regular price....I told him I need to generate some biz first...I've only had one job since i got up and running again and that job was last month. For now I will just let someone else print out my film for me until I generate some income and can reinvest

So what im getting at Mr. Scott was very nice and helpful and even responded to me on New Years day
That is true of all dongle protected RIPs, the dongle IS the RIP
imagesetters for screenprinting  A Troll-free zone :-)