Author Topic: International Coatings 7500 series Mixing Ink  (Read 2329 times)

Offline eliteinkprinting

• Verified/Junior
International Coatings 7500 series Mixing Ink
« on: July 08, 2020, 11:06:20 AM »
Hey everyone,
Been having some ink trouble the past few days with some mixing IC. This job is 3 colors,(yellow, blue, green). All 3 are Pantone colors that were mixed. The blue is doing things I've never seen before. With the order being so large, we've ran it in 2 shifts. Both times we've come back to the job the ink is like concrete. The green and yellow both seem to be fine. The same blue that is mixed in the container is fine and still creamy. Could this somehow be a screen problem?

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
Re: International Coatings 7500 series Mixing Ink
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 12:30:57 PM »
Are you printing the blue directly after a flash? The heat could cause things to gum up if there isn't enough cool down time.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 12:53:44 PM »
Also, has the ambient temperature gotten really high in your shop lately? (I mean significantly hotter than usual)
I've seen some inks stiffen up while others didn't.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline eliteinkprinting

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 05:25:37 PM »
Thanks for the replies. After talking it over with people smarter than me I think over flashing is my problem. The temp in the shop is around 97 :) and the order I've been running is 2000 shirts. We do have a cool-down station after the flash, but the pallets still seem to be on fire even around 6 second flash times. Still a newbie at the auto game. I guess you don't know what you don't know. The fun part was it was a contract job. LOL.
Cheers

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 06:05:44 PM »
Thanks for the replies. After talking it over with people smarter than me I think over flashing is my problem. The temp in the shop is around 97 :) and the order I've been running is 2000 shirts. We do have a cool-down station after the flash, but the pallets still seem to be on fire even around 6 second flash times. Still a newbie at the auto game. I guess you don't know what you don't know. The fun part was it was a contract job. LOL.
Cheers

I've set up a fan after the flash (just a regular room fan on a stand) for pallet cooling assistance, being careful to not allow the airflow to hit the dryer infeed
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline eliteinkprinting

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 09:33:18 PM »
Cheers

I've set up a fan after the flash (just a regular room fan on a stand) for pallet cooling assistance, being careful to not allow the airflow to hit the dryer infeed
I'll have to try that. Especially in the summer months 8)

Offline BP

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2020, 06:34:43 AM »
sounds like your pallets are to hot.
SHIRT HAPPENS!

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2020, 07:54:15 AM »
Start bumping your flash time down as the run progresses. I find that I may need a 5-6 second flash at the start of a job and as it goes on I'll be down to under 3 seconds usually. Especially in the summer.