Author Topic: Cool white 7022?  (Read 3046 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Cool white 7022?
« on: July 29, 2020, 12:23:21 PM »
Any of you using the International Coatings 7022 white ink, what do you think about the ink Pro's/Con's I've been using One Stoke but trying to find a second less expensive white ink to add to the list when I'm not printing comfort colors.  I know what I like about the ink and what I don't like, I just want to see if anyone else likes and dislikes are close to mine.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Cool white 7022?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 12:38:51 PM »
we just went over all our various whites we keep in stock, the Cool White being one of them. We are ditching every singe white we have and ONLY using one Stroke ELT-S. I played the cost game and honestly, it doesn't matter anymore. I want easy and quality of life and One Stroke delivers that. That ink is the absolute best stuff I have ever watched my guys use  :o ;D.  they didn't even swear ONCE while trying to stir it, unlike every other brand out there.... we seem to always print T's and hoodies and a few safety colors in every job so this one ink handles them all and it's soooo smooth, I just want to put my hands in the bucket and smear it around... ??? ;D

I have some cool white here D, if you want it I'll ship it out, we are just thinning it out for a highlight white to get rid of it...same with the Union, and all the other International Coatings we were using.

Now if I could only get One Stroke to stop calling me once a week, they would be the perfect little company..
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 12:46:13 PM »
Now if I could only get One Stroke to stop calling me once a week, they would be the perfect little company..

I legit had to ask them to take me off the list. It's nothing against them or their products, they just aren't feasible
to obtain out west for any kind of volume shop, and we're pretty set in our ways. I remember when they used
to only be distributed via Ebay.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 01:07:32 PM »
LOL I got them calling here only once every month now, @Homer I can't agree with you more that ELT-S is some dang good ink, once I started using it on my comfort colors, bleeding problems gone, I want use anything else but Onestroke ELT-S on those shirts.  I do like to have a second ink to use, I might have to go back to Onestrokes your custom White or number 26 both are good, I just wanted to get some other feed back on 7022.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 01:16:33 PM »
One Stroke does not trust distributors! Once bitten, twice shy?
Apparently, if I got the story correct, back in the day when they weren't so regionally exclusive, one of their distributors acted like an unscrupulous drug dealer and cut the product!
Back through the early '90's, I could get them locally here in the SF Bay Area, and it was One Stroke that turned me onto non-metallic metallics (now called shimmers) I also liked their Cotton White (although it was labeled "Cotten" LOL! (Back then, white inks like Union were often like chalk!)

btw, I use the IC Cool White currently for my "bleeders"
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline BrazosDesigns

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 01:21:48 PM »
I've been using Cool white as my cotton and blends underbase and highlight white for that last year or so.  Works very well for low cure, and we top it Rio colors all the time.   I also switched to their performance pro for poly and have been very pleased.

I print bases with 180 s-mesh, top colors and highlight white with 225s.   For single white colors, 150s coated 1/1, pfp.  Now that I have some hi-dro in, I'm sure that will change a bit, though... :-)

It's a good ink - hasn't let me down.....well, I'll take that back, don't print port & co 100% performance poly with cool white - got a little bit of shadowing, but was my mistake.  Use Performance pro for all poly - good, and doesn't smell bad either!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 01:23:51 PM by BrazosDesigns »

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2020, 09:53:24 AM »
Question on the 26 White, how is it as an everyday white? Was sent a quart but haven't really had a chance to get into it. I've been using Legacy White with no issues, but I'm never opposed to switching things up. Only thing I didn't care for was when they called and I didn't pick up (thank you caller ID), he got sneaky and called from his cell, which I picked up. Other than that no complaints.
Tees and Coffee

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2020, 01:12:44 PM »
the 26 is pretty good for your every day printing, but just like all One Strokes inks a little pricey, but you get what you pay for so I'll be going back to that ink next order

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2020, 09:24:55 PM »
I've been using it since last March. I was drawn in by the "flex cure" properties. It's a good ink. No issues with it at all. And the price is great.

I've never used the One Stroke whites though so I cannot give a comparison.

Offline easyrider1340

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2020, 09:29:28 AM »
Not to derail the topic, but One Stroke ELT-S seems to dry in/on the screen if not removed shortly after printing.  That hasn’t worked well at all for my (1 man) garage shop. 
Terry

Offline Crazy Mike

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2020, 10:16:57 AM »
We have been using the ELT-S for everything the last 3 years and have not had a problem. We have
left screens on our manual and auto press for a week and put them in storage without cleaning
and using them for the reorders and no problem.

Offline easyrider1340

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2020, 11:19:40 AM »
We have been using the ELT-S for everything the last 3 years and have not had a problem. We have
left screens on our manual and auto press for a week and put them in storage without cleaning

Interesting.   I’ll give it another shot and see what happens.  It is very nice to print with (I’m on a manual) and I liked the end result of the print, as well. 

Terry
http://www.AllegiantGraphics.com
https://www.Facebook.com/AllegiantGraphics
https://www.Instagram.com/AllegiantGraphics
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2020, 11:43:12 AM »
Interesting.   I’ll give it another shot and see what happens.  It is very nice to print with (I’m on a manual) and I liked the end result of the print, as well. 

Terry

What were your ambient temps?
I had an issue with some low temp inks getting funky when the dryer was left on on a really hot day. Shop temp was way over 110 (and stayed that way for a full 24 hours, OUCH!) Although the actual temp isn't supposed to be enough to gel plastisols, I think that the low temp inks could be more sensitive to the apparent possible cumulative effect.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2020, 01:29:18 PM »
we just went over all our various whites we keep in stock, the Cool White being one of them. We are ditching every singe white we have and ONLY using one Stroke ELT-S. I played the cost game and honestly, it doesn't matter anymore. I want easy and quality of life and One Stroke delivers that. That ink is the absolute best stuff I have ever watched my guys use  :o ;D.  they didn't even swear ONCE while trying to stir it, unlike every other brand out there.... we seem to always print T's and hoodies and a few safety colors in every job so this one ink handles them all and it's soooo smooth, I just want to put my hands in the bucket and smear it around... ??? ;D

I have some cool white here D, if you want it I'll ship it out, we are just thinning it out for a highlight white to get rid of it...same with the Union, and all the other International Coatings we were using.

When we need a good poly ink we break out the chisel and chip some off the poly white rock we have.  It's no longer in a bucket since it holds it's own shape now.

Kidding, we switched to 357 and now ELT-s once our last gallon of 357 is gone.

Offline easyrider1340

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2020, 01:33:47 PM »

Terry

What were your ambient temps?
I had an issue with some low temp inks getting funky when the dryer was left on on a really hot day. Shop temp was way over 110 (and stayed that way for a full 24 hours, OUCH!) Although the actual temp isn't supposed to be enough to gel plastisols, I think that the low temp inks could be more sensitive to the apparent possible cumulative effect.
I don’t recall actual temps, but my attached garage has HVAC registers.   It doesn’t maintain 72* like inside the house, but it’s never over 100*.  Probably closer to 90* when dryer and flash is on.