Author Topic: New GTX "pro" with tanks instead of pouches  (Read 8404 times)

Offline paradoxsc

• Verified/Junior
New GTX "pro" with tanks instead of pouches
« on: August 06, 2020, 03:00:38 PM »
This thing looks like a much more economical printer than their original gtx printer. Instead of bags it uses refillable tanks.

Brother is claiming a .17 per CC ink cost if you buy several liters at a time.

Has anyone had a chance to put one of these through the ringer?

We are still rocking the GT381 and our ink costs are .51 per CC (roughly), cutting ink costs by more than half would be awesome. It looks like there is no manual white maintenance involved with this new machine. They also claim that there is not as much waste.

Interested to see if anyone has seen one in action.

http://dtgprinters.brother.com/GTXproB_PPC?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=t%20shirt%20printer%20%2Bprofessional&utm_campaign=&utm_content=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1v7d7IuH6wIV1-DICh1STQKFEAAYASAAEgIq6vD_BwE

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: New GTX "pro" with tanks instead of pouches
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 01:10:49 AM »
This thing looks like a much more economical printer than their original gtx printer. Instead of bags it uses refillable tanks.

We are still rocking the GT381 and our ink costs are .51 per CC (roughly), cutting ink costs by more than half would be awesome. It looks like there is no manual white maintenance involved with this new machine. They also claim that there is not as much waste.

http://dtgprinters.brother.com/GTXproB_PPC?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=t%20shirt%20printer%20%2Bprofessional&utm_campaign=&utm_content=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1v7d7IuH6wIV1-DICh1STQKFEAAYASAAEgIq6vD_BwE

Sorry but you are talking about the Pro Bulk, right? I think the Pro has still the same cartridge system as the original GTX.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 05:00:07 AM »

just an FYI, new EPSON is .15 per cc and prints twice as many shirts per hour without costing twice as much.
pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline paradoxsc

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 08:35:48 PM »

Sorry but you are talking about the Pro Bulk, right? I think the Pro has still the same cartridge system as the original GTX.

Yes I left out the "B".

Offline paradoxsc

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2020, 08:44:09 PM »
just an FYI, new EPSON is .15 per cc and prints twice as many shirts per hour without costing twice as much.
pierre

Is there a new epson? I can't find any info. All I see on google search is the SureColor F2100.

I have a buddy who has the F2100 and his machine drops nearly twice as much ink on the same print as my old brother in most cases. We did some test prints and shared the results.

The printhead is an epson/ricoh which if I'm not mistaken is a single printhead that cant be individually changed in case one color clogs beyond repair. I could be wrong here but I thought those were around $8-10k which is a scary thought to leave for vaction and come back to a clogged printhead on an epson. I don't personally own one but I did a hell of a lot of research before I bought the brother 381 over the F2000.

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2020, 01:00:35 AM »
here is the link. https://news.epson.com/news/surecolor-f3070-industrial-dtg-printer

printhead is 1000-1200 for the f2100.

Shane

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2020, 10:43:26 PM »
here is the link. https://news.epson.com/news/surecolor-f3070-industrial-dtg-printer

printhead is 1000-1200 for the f2100.

Shane

https://epson.com/For-Work/Printers/Large-Format/SureColor-F3070-Industrial-Direct-to-Garment-Printer-/p/SCF3070PE

Epson came by the other day trying to sell us their new DTG, unfortunately almost 3 times as expensive as the GTX Pro, not the Pro Bulk.
Anyway, GTX Pro install date is close, looking forward to it. Next new ROQ press in November and then hopefully new embroidery machines too.

Offline paradoxsc

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2020, 12:53:15 PM »
Don't know how I missed that with my search.

Looks interesting.

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2020, 01:07:40 PM »
dual printhead. that will help with speed.

Shane

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2022, 10:47:31 AM »
Anyone have a GTX Pro or Pro B? Interested to hear some feedback. I think this is the year I finally pull the trigger on one. There seems to be too much high color, low quantity work I'm turning away these days.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2022, 08:32:57 AM »
Anyone have a GTX Pro or Pro B? Interested to hear some feedback. I think this is the year I finally pull the trigger on one. There seems to be too much high color, low quantity work I'm turning away these days.
You know that there is already a newer GTX model available? But it`s priced at around US$70,000

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2022, 11:56:52 AM »
You know that there is already a newer GTX model available? But it`s priced at around US$70,000

Yeah I think its the GTX 6000 or something right? A bit more than I'd like to spend. I think the Pro B is around 37k.