Author Topic: I love inflated fees.  (Read 364 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
I love inflated fees.
« on: August 07, 2020, 01:01:32 AM »
When it comes to inflated fees this country is top. Japan that is.
We ordered a new Brother GTX, that beauty weighs 120KG. Delivery fee within Japan is only US $1000- absolute bargain :) Unfortunately it does not stop there. The printer needs to be taken from the ground floor to the 2nd floor, sorry don`t have a lift. So they need to hire 2 extra folks for carrying it up the stairs. Cause the delivery fee does not include taking it upstairs. Well the extra guys coming in cost apparently another US $600. Why do I feel like I`ve been handsomely overcharged. I bet the company we ordered the printer of is making some nice profit on all these extra fees.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: I love inflated fees.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 05:59:19 PM »
When it comes to inflated fees this country is top. Japan that is.
We ordered a new Brother GTX, that beauty weighs 120KG. Delivery fee within Japan is only US $1000- absolute bargain :) Unfortunately it does not stop there. The printer needs to be taken from the ground floor to the 2nd floor, sorry don`t have a lift. So they need to hire 2 extra folks for carrying it up the stairs. Cause the delivery fee does not include taking it upstairs. Well the extra guys coming in cost apparently another US $600. Why do I feel like I`ve been handsomely overcharged. I bet the company we ordered the printer of is making some nice profit on all these extra fees.

I’m sure there is some padding on there also, but the travel expenses for two other repeople can be the cause. I know in Japan, they can’t be traveling that far, but there are other expenses such as a car, gas, food, and not just a meal, but it could be for a days worth of meals + any other expenses like in my case, car rentals and air fair.  It all adds up and you had two guys. Especially, if they are traveling 18 hrs from one side of Japan to the other.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850