Direct to Garment > DTG - General

DTG artwork question. Dealing with transparencies

(1/2) > >>

Rockers:
We are now a few days into owning a Brother GTX Pro and have some questions.
How do I get the printer to print only what I see on screen. Right now whenever there is a transparency we get a solid white printed right to the edge where the transparency ends. It`S like a solid white underbase. How do I have to prep my artwork to avoid this?

brandon:
Is Brother or their distro rep not helping you? And did the machine come with training or just out of box? I'm curious as this is coming up for us. When we went CTS a few years back they offered no help. I wont do that again.

Rockers:

--- Quote from: brandon on August 23, 2020, 01:42:01 PM ---Is Brother or their distro rep not helping you? And did the machine come with training or just out of box? I'm curious as this is coming up for us. When we went CTS a few years back they offered no help. I wont do that again.

--- End quote ---
This is a very good question and I`m still scratching my head. We paid $1000 for training and the answer we got regarding that issue was "There might be something hidden"- no kidding I thought.
I will give them a call today.
What printer will you be getting?

nadiboy:
https://youtu.be/R_cj2LFH-P8

Have a look at that youtube video.

Jay Kay:
From my experience, DTG RIPs don't handle transparency like you might expect. Instead of doing fades or shadows, I have set up halftone or indexed bitmaps to simulate those transparencies while keeping the art "solid" for the DTG to process. That allows the RIP to do the correct choking as necessary.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version