Direct to Garment > DTG - General

Pretreatment for white garments

(1/1)

Rockers:
Are you all using a pretreatment for white garments? We tried it with the standard pretreatment solution and colors were popping. Then I was told that the standard solution will not work so well for the CMYK colors, they might wash off fairly quickly. So I guess the Firebird CMYK for light garment  pretreatment liquid will be the answer. Any other options out there? Any of you not pretreating at all on light colored tees?

Dottonedan:
When I had mine, we pre treated white tees with the standard pre treat 50% diluted. Helps the colors become more vibrant.

Now, why would the pre treat (used for colors) not hold the colors after wash...if done on white tees. Doesn’t make sense.

tbarnes:
Depends on the order. We use a GTX, and all I do is heat tap white shirts for like 8 seconds and print it with no pretreat. The GTX has a setting to print the colors twice on white tees, almost like double stroking a screen print. That works fine for most orders. For high end samples we do a light pretreat to help make the colors pop a little bit. Have not had any issues with washability while using pretreat. Granted we aren't Nike, but we have conducted around 10-15 wash tests on a garment that faded an amount that should be expected. Print held up well overall.

To reiterate Dan's point, if the garment is 100% cotton and the same style as the black tees, why would pretreating it the same way effect the durability? Doesn't make sense to me, I have never heard of that. Hope this helps.

mk162:
We pretreat light colors.  The ink is more vivid and it improves washability greatly.  It makes sense for us.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version