Author Topic: CS3 working on win10  (Read 2901 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: CS3 working on win10
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2021, 07:45:28 AM »
I just want to show my support to my peers still running CS3. I thought I was the only one.  ;D

My wife is running Photoshop CS, not CS2 or up, but the first one, on a 10 year old iMac running whatever the last OSX would run on the machine ;D. She doesn't care much for change...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2021, 10:52:49 AM »
Well we just ordered new computers and will upgrade just about all our software, but I'm still hanging onto my old XP and 7 since they both work great, won't run them on the internet but just still use the graphic programs as backups. @Kingscreen yep still using cs3 LOL and as long as I can ;D
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline StinkyDaddy

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2021, 06:24:10 AM »
I'm still running CS6 too. It does what I need, in fact I could probably run CS and have almost everything I use in PS and Illy. I also have Painter for some drawing/painting where I want a more traditional media feel.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2021, 09:36:32 AM »
Speaking of upgrades and such, we had to move the computer that held the RIP, and sure enough, there was a windows 10 update that gives you a BSOD during installation.

Wasatch knew about it and had a workaround thankfully.  I hate moving software or changing systems, but the RIP computer fried the motherboard for the 3rd time in 4 months.  I'd rather put it on a Thinkstation and never worry about it again.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2021, 01:04:39 PM »
Wow, I have not seen the BSOD in over 10 years and we have upgraded multiple times (Windows and/or New PCs) rolling from XP to 7 to 10 (Skipping Vista and 8).

Upgrades are always a PITA for reinstalling everything so we always install Windows fresh to a clean formatted hard drive and go from there.  Letting Windows auto-roll forward from one version to another can have a tendency to leave fragments behind that can confuse and cause issues down the road.

That's my 1 1/2 cents.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2021, 03:25:09 PM »
Wow, I have not seen the BSOD in over 10 years and we have upgraded multiple times (Windows and/or New PCs) rolling from XP to 7 to 10 (Skipping Vista and 8).

Upgrades are always a PITA for reinstalling everything so we always install Windows fresh to a clean formatted hard drive and go from there.  Letting Windows auto-roll forward from one version to another can have a tendency to leave fragments behind that can confuse and cause issues down the road.

That's my 1 1/2 cents.

Me neither.  They have changed a little for 10.  I couldn't believe it happened.  Wasatch was good though, and they knew exactly what the problem was.