Direct to Garment > DTG Equipment

DTG units - rental programs

(1/4) > >>

brandon:
Hey all,

I checked and looked around at posts on here and didn't see anything. Been doing a ton of research, getting samples and feedback from other printers and so on. With tech changing so fast I was thinking hybrid (still am) but to get foot in door fast and fun (joking, I know there is a learning curve) I will probably break down and get a Brother or the new Epson. Just curious if anyone out there offers a rental program? Would seem to make sense and just upgrade the rental every year like a car. Just my company is in a niche market and our Merch stores are going gang busters. We would still print our bulk /simple huge prints in the hundreds and stock inventory but they move quick. All of them. So would be great to have DTG for when we were out of 1 size or offer size 5X and so forth. So are there any programs out there for a shop like ours? If not want to contact us and we can be your test company?

blue moon:

--- Quote from: brandon on September 28, 2020, 06:49:26 PM ---Hey all,

I checked and looked around at posts on here and didn't see anything. Been doing a ton of research, getting samples and feedback from other printers and so on. With tech changing so fast I was thinking hybrid (still am) but to get foot in door fast and fun (joking, I know there is a learning curve) I will probably break down and get a Brother or the new Epson. Just curious if anyone out there offers a rental program? Would seem to make sense and just upgrade the rental every year like a car. Just my company is in a niche market and our Merch stores are going gang busters. We would still print our bulk /simple huge prints in the hundreds and stock inventory but they move quick. All of them. So would be great to have DTG for when we were out of 1 size or offer size 5X and so forth. So are there any programs out there for a shop like ours? If not want to contact us and we can be your test company?

--- End quote ---

DTG needs to be used or the math is not there and the heads have issues.
if you are talking about small numbers contract it out.
your next step is the low number compatible units, but those will have very high ink cost (north of $3 per shirt).
steo up, GTX and F3070 are designed to be run a lot. GTX ProB in particular has ink with 3-4 month shelf life. They wanted to make sure we are printing 1500 shirts per month. I think GTX uses the same inks... F3070 is a total overkill for 20-50 shirt per day. the payment will eat away any ink savings.

pierre

brandon:
Yup, I have all the numbers and aware of the issues. Not a problem. Our web stores move a lot  Cant keep up. But looking to see if there is any such program. Someone already contacted me so we will see.

blue moon:

--- Quote from: brandon on September 29, 2020, 07:37:08 AM ---Yup, I have all the numbers and aware of the issues. Not a problem. Our web stores move a lot  Cant keep up. But looking to see if there is any such program. Someone already contacted me so we will see.

--- End quote ---

cool!
keep us posted please.
thanx,

pierre

TCT:
I would think that would be a nightmare for the company renting out the machine. I can just see places saying 'eff cleaning and doing maintenance on them this just like people did when Ryonet rented out Roqs. The DTG print heads are way more temperamental than a auto.

Sounds like SO much of a gamble for the company behind the machine. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version