Author Topic: DTF not DTG  (Read 14504 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: DTF not DTG
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2021, 09:58:40 PM »
Just did a little under a hundred DTF transfers today on our L1800, so far no clogs in the print heads, white ink and colors look great, now feeding film has been a little bit of a pain in the booty.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2021, 10:46:39 AM »
Thanks for update Don and hope the upgrades go smoothly. LMK when we have the green light i have orders for you.
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Online Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2021, 10:28:11 AM »
His samples were very nice, and I had an order in that had to be cancelled due to the breakdown. Communication was great, so I simply put it out to another vendor, but will be more than glad to order once they get back up and running. The nonrestrictive options are what draw me there.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2021, 10:44:23 AM »
His samples were very nice, and I had an order in that had to be cancelled due to the breakdown. Communication was great, so I simply put it out to another vendor, but will be more than glad to order once they get back up and running. The nonrestrictive options are what draw me there.

Steve

What other vendor? I have a small order and I need some transfers.

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2021, 11:13:32 AM »

https://supacolor.com

https://www.apextransfers.com/ultra-ink.php - gang sheets

https://www.transferexpress.com/heat-applied-transfers/full-color-transfers

Supacolor is the easiest and has a 20 piece minimum

Online Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2021, 01:48:09 PM »

Steve

I went with Transfer Express' UltraColor. We also just did nylon bags with transfers from Supacolor. I've been meaning to check out Apex, but haven't had a chance just yet.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2021, 01:52:21 PM »
No others seem as good of a fit for the smallish jobs I needed done. Happy that one current client with a job on hold has the patience of Job.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Croft

« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2021, 10:06:27 AM »
I just received a sample from a supplier , it seems similar to dtf but not the same . Its on a mylar carrier sheet but instead of the pebbly adhesive white back similar to Versatrans it has a smooth almost silicone feel ?. It also is more supple than the Versatrans ones I have done in the past . Does anyone know what version this might be the salesman was pretty secretive?

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2021, 10:26:21 AM »
I just received a sample from a supplier , it seems similar to dtf but not the same . Its on a mylar carrier sheet but instead of the pebbly adhesive white back similar to Versatrans it has a smooth almost silicone feel ?. It also is more supple than the Versatrans ones I have done in the past . Does anyone know what version this might be the salesman was pretty secretive?

This may be digitally printed, and have screen printed adhesive bases.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2021, 11:33:09 AM »
Side note - anyone doing DTF in house, One Stroke has a BLACK transfer powder to prevent dye migration....we're crushing it with DTF, we use it every day for our online stores...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2021, 12:12:29 PM »
Side note - anyone doing DTF in house, One Stroke has a BLACK transfer powder to prevent dye migration....we're crushing it with DTF, we use it every day for our online stores...

Are you guys seeing much dye migration? The usual suspects?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2021, 12:29:22 PM »

Are you guys seeing much dye migration? The usual suspects?

With the proper rip setting no issues with bleeding, without the proper settings -somewhat. I'm going to sample powders next since my overseas source will no longer ship it ::)
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2021, 01:02:31 PM »
I am guessing this is made for normal (screen printed)  transfers... I did not see it on their site. Would you mind sending a link?
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2021, 04:29:35 PM »
I’m concerned for the hand still.   Is anyone getting any samples that really feel “soft”?  I imagine it can’t get as soft as a screen print on high mesh...or even sublimation on light garments.  Still a hand?  But a bit better than the DTG right?

I got some sample sin from a supplier but yea, they felt not bad, but still...a tad like transfers. I guess Is can’t ask for more than that.

I am seeing a few guys who are art savvy that do DTF be able to get some really good looking fine detail halftone images us the DTF. I mean more like 55-66 lpi maybe.  And if you can do the 65lpi, you can do the stochastic.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2021, 05:18:50 PM »
The sample they sent me wasn't a solid background and didn't feel too bad and I was impressed.  During Christmas, a customer of mine ordered just 13 shirts with seven color art with a solid background on the front.  I ordered the dtf, pressed and sent.  He complained saying they felt cheap.  Needless to say, after spending the $$ on the 20 minimum of dtf, I still setup the seven color print on press, printed and resent because he's a great customer.

DTF has it's place but not for solid backgrounds imo.
It's not a job if you love doing it.