screen printing > Waterbase and Discharge

Rutland WB99 Officially Discontinued

(1/7) > >>

ZooCity:
We knew it was coming at some point, extra fun to have to deal with this at the moment!

What is everyone who has used the system moving to?  I'm not sure how many people are currently with it, I think ebscreen may be the only other user on here I recall. 

Matsui pigments look like our future. We currently use their bases and modifiers exclusively and are very happy with them.  I'm sure the PCs will also be up to snuff.  However, I've heard from users in the past that the formulations we're kinda awful.  Have also heard that this has been brought to Matsui's attention and efforts made to improve.   Would really like to hear from Matsui users if any are on here.

Wilflex aquarius/zodiac is the other option but they don't have a super solid track record with sticking with a WB system.  We'd like to not do this again for a good amount of time.

zanegun08:
Interesting, I sent a photo of this thread to my guy in inks right now, and he said "Wooowwww".  We are deep on inventory of the WB99, this will be interesting.

I've been interested in the Matsui that "follows the Pantone book" for their formulas, although I think it's an RFU vs Pigment, but guess we will have to figure out what to do as well for discharge / water base.

Is there an official announcement online you could link?

ericheartsu:
we use 95% matsui.

I am not the ink expert at Night Owls, but feel free to ask me any questions, and I'll get Val to answer them. Or you can email me, and i'll connect you.

Val's built her own formula guide, and we get really close on all of our inks.

Matsui is also beta testing a new software. Well they just sent it to us, so i guess we are beta testing it.

Jepaul:

--- Quote from: ericheartsu on October 19, 2020, 08:08:42 PM ---we use 95% matsui.

I am not the ink expert at Night Owls, but feel free to ask me any questions, and I'll get Val to answer them. Or you can email me, and i'll connect you.

Val's built her own formula guide, and we get really close on all of our inks.

Matsui is also beta testing a new software. Well they just sent it to us, so i guess we are beta testing it.

--- End quote ---
What are you an expert at?

TCT:
The main thing I don't like about the Matsui pigments is that they are really concentrated. Not sure if you dealt with that with the Rutland ones or not? When mixing super small amounts of ink, usually to test a color for example, 1 tiny drop 'effs up the color because of how concentrated they are. Suppose it goes both ways though, it is nicer for mixing larger amounts of ink though so you are not there for 1 min adding yellow or something. 

--- Quote from: ericheartsu on October 19, 2020, 08:08:42 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Is it any good? I feel like they asked for a bunch of input of what people are looking for or would like to see, we gave them a list. But the this thing called covid started going around and I figured they back burnered it.  Do they have any cool new features?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version