Author Topic: Announcement-Buying a New Dryer  (Read 16218 times)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: Announcement
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2012, 02:53:51 PM »
Update:  I've been over-thinking the new location all morning and I guess I'm just going to put it in exactly where the old dryer was.  I really wanted to put the dryer in the location that it will need to be whenever we buy another auto.  I ran that idea by everyone from the owner to my screen prep guy and the majority vote was to put the dryer in the same location as the old one.  What sucks the most is the 2 guys (me and my printer) were for putting the dryer in a new location so that when we do get auto #2, we just set it down where it needs to be and then we'll be done.  Now when we get the new auto, we will have to move the old auto, the new dryer and the new auto to different locations and also move the electrical wiring along with the gas.  I guess it's not that big of a deal for everyone else because I doubt any of them will even be working here by the time we install a second auto.  The one's still here sure as hell won't be helping me move all that stuff around when the time comes so I should have never gotten anyone else involved but me and my 2 guys.

Another boring pic or two.

And I got a sneak peek at the other equipment in the truck that was heading to San Antonio.  There was 3 chile flashes and a brand new, so beautiful, looked to be at least a 12 color CHALLENGER III!!!!!!!  I was drooling all over it.  As badass as the machine I unloaded a few minutes earlier is, the one still in the truck was the one I'd trade everything in our shop to get.  Some lucky bastard is staring at the best auto out there right now. 

Ok, my break is over and I got to get back out there and start putting this damn thing together.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2012, 03:12:02 PM »
Not for nothing Alan but if you are the manager for the screen printing side then the drier should have gone where ever you felt best. You were thinking of the future thats what people like you get paid to do if you cannot act on it then whats the point?

I am the manager here and me and the owner but heads constantly about equipment and etc yet I always win out because he eventually defers to me and my better hands on judgement.
"No man is an island"

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2012, 05:54:08 PM »
Update:  I've been over-thinking the new location all morning and I guess I'm just going to put it in exactly where the old dryer was.  I really wanted to put the dryer in the location that it will need to be whenever we buy another auto.  I ran that idea by everyone from the owner to my screen prep guy and the majority vote was to put the dryer in the same location as the old one.  What sucks the most is the 2 guys (me and my printer) were for putting the dryer in a new location so that when we do get auto #2, we just set it down where it needs to be and then we'll be done.  Now when we get the new auto, we will have to move the old auto, the new dryer and the new auto to different locations and also move the electrical wiring along with the gas.  I guess it's not that big of a deal for everyone else because I doubt any of them will even be working here by the time we install a second auto.  The one's still here sure as hell won't be helping me move all that stuff around when the time comes so I should have never gotten anyone else involved but me and my 2 guys.

Another boring pic or two.

And I got a sneak peek at the other equipment in the truck that was heading to San Antonio.  There was 3 chile flashes and a brand new, so beautiful, looked to be at least a 12 color CHALLENGER III!!!!!!!  I was drooling all over it.  As badass as the machine I unloaded a few minutes earlier is, the one still in the truck was the one I'd trade everything in our shop to get.  Some lucky bastard is staring at the best auto out there right now. 

Ok, my break is over and I got to get back out there and start putting this damn thing together.
The one thing I will tell you is position of belt to press is the most important part right now. The unloader of the garment should not have to take a step to deliver the shirt to the belt easily. This usually dictates that the dryer belt is no further than 18-24" away from the unload pallet. The rest won't be as important when it comes to operator fatigue
Rich Hoffman

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2012, 06:43:15 PM »
Damn, what a day. We are a little more than halfway done with putting it together.  I'll take pics in the morning, my phone is dead so I can't do any tonight.  Nice little 12 hour day today, but it felt like 4 since I was like a kid on Christmas morning.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline californiadreamin

• !!!
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2012, 07:04:46 PM »
Well then, Merry Christmas!
That sure is a nice present to find under the tree.
I am very happy for you!

winston

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2012, 08:03:31 PM »
Well then, Merry Christmas!
That sure is a nice present to find under the tree.
I am very happy for you!

winston

That must be a big Christmas tree :)

Congrats Alan

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2012, 08:45:28 AM »

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2012, 08:50:36 AM »
I love the equipment coming out now.  It's so clean and well thought out for the most part.  I remember the original "big" dryer we got.  There was an asbestos warning on the side...no joke.  I can't remember who made it, I'll have to ask my dad.  We ditched it in the 90's for a maxi-cure....we ditched that in 2009 for the interchange MD-8.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2012, 08:27:08 PM »
The new M&R Sprint Interrnational dryer is assembled and looking good.  Now we have to get electricity and the gas attached.  Unfortunately I wasn't in control of getting the electricity and gas hooked up so you know where this is going...it didn't get done.  I had to make a few phone calls at 3:30 this afternoon when I found out that the one who was in charge of getting one of his "buddies" to come to the shop and extend the lines and that guy was supposed to have a buddy that could do the same thing with the gas line.  Hopefully some lessons were learned and I won't have to let others get so involved but it is over and done with and it's a family issue that I shouldn't bore all of you with our drama. 

I have to hook up the air output but it's mostly intack from the old dryer so I just need to cut a few feet off the old one.  I still haven't put the auto in the perfect location yet but I'll be putting it a lot closer than the old setup.  Here are some pics of the almost complete new toy.

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2012, 10:20:07 AM »
Looks awesome Alan. I would love to have a gas dryer! Where is the envy emoticon?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2012, 10:33:54 AM »
Lookin' good buddy!
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Scobey Peterman

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2012, 10:36:52 AM »
Does this one have to Donut Probe that hooks to it??

This is a great feature to have on a dryer.
Quality over Quantity

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2012, 11:24:26 AM »
Let me stand next to your dryer :)
neat

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2012, 02:37:44 PM »
Does this one have to Donut Probe that hooks to it??

This is a great feature to have on a dryer.

It does, and that is one feature that I will use the hell out of on this thing.  I'm going to use all the job data storage units for all of our major repeat jobs as well.  I cannot wait to fire it up.  Now I need to come up with a proper name for it.  The old dryer was "the dragon".

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2012, 07:12:37 PM »
The new M&R Sprint Interrnational dryer is assembled and looking good.  Now we have to get electricity and the gas attached.  Unfortunately I wasn't in control of getting the electricity and gas hooked up so you know where this is going...it didn't get done.  I had to make a few phone calls at 3:30 this afternoon when I found out that the one who was in charge of getting one of his "buddies" to come to the shop and extend the lines and that guy was supposed to have a buddy that could do the same thing with the gas line.  Hopefully some lessons were learned and I won't have to let others get so involved but it is over and done with and it's a family issue that I shouldn't bore all of you with our drama. 

I have to hook up the air output but it's mostly intack from the old dryer so I just need to cut a few feet off the old one.  I still haven't put the auto in the perfect location yet but I'll be putting it a lot closer than the old setup.  Here are some pics of the almost complete new toy.

What an awesome dryer!!! congrads
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com