Author Topic: Covid Positive  (Read 1635 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Covid Positive
« on: January 20, 2021, 05:06:54 PM »
I am been fighting the virus for close to two weeks now. Wow what a roller coaster, I was tested positive last week and they told me I should be all clear this week even if still symptomatic. Its been a wild ride, one day you feel fine the next you are wiped out again. The initial sickness was rough, like having the flu on crack. That goes away pretty quickly, but then its a very very slow recovery with odd symptoms here and there. Hopefully no one here has to go through it but if you do just hang in there it takes a little time to get over it, do not over tax your self even if you feel fine.
"No man is an island"

Online bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
Re: Covid Positive
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 08:11:38 PM »
My business partner had it. He told me if I get it, make sure I have extra underwear around. Maybe that's just him though.

Seriously, I feel for anybody that has to deal with it, in any way. I hope you feel better soon.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 08:45:01 PM »
Oh wow.  It's scary to even hear someone you know have it.  I hope that you do get better fast!

Last year, (about a month before it was all over the news), My wife and I both got hit hard. We were sick for 2 wks together right before we were scheduled to go on our anniversary cruise. So, we went to the Dr. Tested for the flu but nothing came up. Not the Flu. So the Dr said "It's no big deal". You have a virus but it's not the flue. Just something else.  I asked at that time, (knowing about how people get stuff on Cruise ships) and she assured me, (no big deal). Take what I'm giving you and you will be fine by the time you get on board as long as you don't have a fever.

Being that I already have small touch of copd and asthma, (so I'm told), I always try to get the strongest stuff to knock this out quick, because when I do get sick, it's known to linger for months. Literally like 3 months before I'm all clear. So I always get the flu shot, and I always get the strongest fastest acting steroids when I do get sick. So this Dr gave me that. A Z Pack and another steroid booster. Bang!, Mine was gone in 3-5 days. Now, I did feel a little off still for another few more days but my wife only got the one z pack and hers stayed another full week of "bad" and then dissipated. At the time, the Doc said as long as there is no fever, you're cleared for vacation. So we went, but my wife still didn't feel 100%. She could handle everything but was a little unsettled. She wasn't sure if it was maybe just sea sickness or that thing still going on. (she did not do well on our last cruise either).   Butt that just goes to show how little they knew back in Dec. 2019...and how unphased our Dr was at having us go on a trip right after or at the tail of "something".

And Inkmans description of (ups and downs) Fine for one day, horrible the next on and on like that for wks, is how ours went. Head aches, body aches, feeling miserable all day, all night, fever, no fever then back again...and then a day of thinking maybe this is over. Luckily, no bathroom issues tho.

We changed Dr's.  We already didn't feel like this Dr was detailed. After that, we ditched her.  We still don't know for sure if we did actually have COVID at that time, but sure did seem like it.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 09:37:24 AM »
It's been running through my family.  I think they got a mild strain honestly.

My 92yo grandfather had it first.  He felt run down for a couple weeks and had no taste or smell.

Then it was my uncle, aunt, and now my sister.

None of them had any bad symptoms really, they compared it to a bad cold.

My neighbors had it and said it was the closest to death they have ever felt...for 3 weeks.

Offline rusty

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 09:53:27 AM »
Glad to hear you are on the mend, but yes it is no joke and can be much worse than the flu.

My uncle passed away from it. He was in a nursing home an in bad health. On the flip side a customers wife also passed away from it and she was only 35.

Take care of yourself and please wear a mask around others, regardless of how you feel.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 10:09:32 AM »
Get well dude.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 10:24:46 AM »
Hoping for the best Inkman. I can say that, at 71 and 72, my wife and I especially hope to avoid it, especially with the vaccine supply here in California absolutely dismal. Just received an email from our health folks saying that though they plan on following the newer guidelines of including those 65 and older, they still are working on the 75 and ups! I'm betting end of March at best.
Of course, with two new contenders, Johnson & Johnson, and Astra Zeneca waiting in the wings, manufacturing and distribution should really pick up in a month or so.
Once again, get well and good luck Inkman, and anyone else in the TSB community who is affected!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Online Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2021, 10:29:21 AM »
my sis-in-law works at the Pfiser plant, she runs the thing, with the other thing, overseeing the plant....... Frog, you can have my dose...

get well Mike.

here's a kicker - my other sister in law is a teacher, went to the ER a few days ago, she's 34... they're trying to figure out why she has symptoms of a heart attack...turns out it was a reaction from the vaccine. hard pass.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 11:29:12 AM by Homer »
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2021, 12:10:06 PM »
Get well buck!

i tested positive day after thanksgiving. No symptoms until day after the test. I woke up on a saturday worked out pretty hard, had lunch, then i got a headache, cold chills for an hour, then just a runny nose. No congestion, a runny nose like a allergy.

My wife got it from me, she had congestion though.

None of our kids got it, they were in the car with us, live and eat all together. No one else i knew got it, and at the time no one i knew was positive. I dont go anywhere so its werid how i got it.

I did exercise everyday i had it though...so i def had a real real mild case. To me, i feel like eating healthy and exercising consistently is helpful.

And what a nightmare dealing with my staff during the holidays.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2021, 12:34:19 PM »
We have a part-time guy that helps us, whose full-time job is at a local brewery. He was in helping out this morning, and just got a call that someone he works with at the brewery just tested positive. So, he just left to go get a test. He's had 3 test already and usually gets responses within 12 hours. I'm not worried as we only spoke for a few minutes today, properly distanced and both wearing masks, but I need to be careful. My wife's health is not what it could be, and I'm up there with slightly elevated BP and a little heart trouble, so caution is important. Hang in there Inkman, sorry you had to go through it.

Steve
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 09:32:48 AM by Sbrem »
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2021, 02:31:55 PM »
good luck! glad to hear it's not bad. I had it few months ago, was also lucky.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2021, 08:31:39 PM »
As some here have suffered from this dreadful disease I'd like to ask a question to see if the precautions we are following is really doing something or if there may be other factors that have kept us safe so far.

Starting early last year my wife and I started taking daily doses of Vitamin E and Zinc based on a number of recommendations we had either read or heard about.

So my question.  For those here who have suffered from Covid, have any been taking the same regimen of supplements (E and Zinc)?  If yes, that would seem to render our actions kind of moot.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2021, 09:37:52 PM »
Early after we first got sick, we started hearing the same about the vitamins.  We both started to take Vitamin D, E and Zink. I was supposed to take the D anyways. We both got a few issues due to taking the extra E and Zink.  I am still doing the extra D and that has been fine.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2021, 10:16:07 PM »
As some here have suffered from this dreadful disease I'd like to ask a question to see if the precautions we are following is really doing something or if there may be other factors that have kept us safe so far.

Starting early last year my wife and I started taking daily doses of Vitamin E and Zinc based on a number of recommendations we had either read or heard about.

So my question.  For those here who have suffered from Covid, have any been taking the same regimen of supplements (E and Zinc)?  If yes, that would seem to render our actions kind of moot.

interesting. . . so vitamin D is supposed to be the thing and it would explain (in theory and to some extent) while the whole island where I spent the summer was COVID free even without any semblance of real preventative measures being taken. No masks were worn and gathering continued at the bars, beaches and restaurants. More or less like nothing happened. On the other side, less than 5 min per day was spent indoors except for homes. All the time was spent out side, be it restaurants or bars or beaches. Continuous light breeze probably helped disperse any virus. It is amazing that 100k+ ppl in close proximity and visiting from multiple different countries caused no cases of infection. The vitamin D seems to be a reasonable explanation.

on the other hand, I am a mask Nazi. Wear it religiously and always had sanitizer in my pocket. after any contact with the doors or any kind of public surface I would sanitize my hands. I was also on a Vitamin D supplement and still managed to catch it somehow. But on the other hand, my symptoms were mild and had it not been for the COVID thing I would have taken an aspirin and gone to work. I sneezed 3 times, had a headache one afternoon and was tired with some muscle pain for about 10 hours. But nothing even worth mentioning. so maybe vitamin D helped. . . who knows.

the point is, and I have talked about this with ppl that got it, it is still a lottery. No amount of preventative measures will guarantee safety and no exposure will produce infection. My sister picked me up at the airport and we were in the car for 2.5 hours together. Small car, really tight. It was a day before my symptoms and supposedly the time when we are most infectious. She did not get it and tested negative 5 days later.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2021, 12:00:57 AM »

I have to correct my previous post.  I was incorrect identifying E and Zinc.  It is D
(75 MCG) and Zinc (50 MG) that we started taking early last year which were added to our previously existing daily regimen of vitamins including C (1000) and One a Day which also has some E, D, and C.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers