Author Topic: Looking For Help  (Read 1516 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Looking For Help
« on: March 04, 2021, 11:38:08 AM »
I have a customer looking for multiple designs to choose from. (Yes one of those)

He wants a design with his brand on a wood back ground, he provided an example which I posted below. I figure no problem, go to free vector sites to get a nice wood background. Problem is all the files I have tried consist of a billion objects, and a billion different colors. To much to deal with. I was wondering if anyone had a nice wood file already prepped to work with, monochrome etc. I really do not want to try and make a proof for this guy with something that I cannot even use as printable art.

TIA
"No man is an island"

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Looking For Help
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 12:02:12 PM »
pm me your email.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 12:10:51 PM »
I wouldn't use a vectored background for the same reason, to many damn points. You can Photoshop it down to less colors, even a single color, then add the color behind it in your favorite vector program. One of the many ways to skin the cat...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 12:27:01 PM »
Can it be way simpler than your example? If so, a vector file like this would do the trick for me.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 01:09:18 PM »
Steve I suck with the raster stuff, I try but I never can get anything the way I like.

Andy sadly they want a real wood look.
"No man is an island"

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2021, 03:46:54 PM »
Here's a quick pdf I made, of a bitmap.tif plain, and with a colored rectangle behind it, if that's the kind of thing you have in mind. A higher resolution original and some judicious tweaking would make it better of course.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2021, 08:03:08 PM »
This site seemed to have some closely resembling your post.  Says free, but don't know anything else.

https://thedesignest.net/free-wood-textures/#dark-wood-textures

Click on Dark Wood Textures

But at the end of the day..........what's the likelihood they are gonna like anything you offer up?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 08:07:44 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2021, 10:12:05 AM »
Try google "wood texture vectors" then click on images. you should find a crap load of options....here is just one i snagged off the top
https://arsenal.gomedia.us/shop/vectors/wood-grain-vector-pack/
from this web site  https://www.freevector.com/vector/wood-texture
looks like a $10.00 buy
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2021, 07:58:06 AM »
Thanks everyone. Homer hooked me up with a great image that actually worked for the customer!
"No man is an island"

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2021, 04:41:09 PM »
Thanks everyone. Homer hooked me up with a great image that actually worked for the customer!
Those of us who went looking around for possible images are mightily curious as to what turkled your customer's nurkle.   :D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 04:44:15 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers