Computers and Software > Business/Shop Management Programs

Yet another managament program thread

(1/11) > >>

1964GN:
Life with only QuickBooks has become to complicated. Now they have eliminated work orders and sales orders. Anyway, we are 2 auto shop and adding a 3rd in the next 60 days, and the lack of a shop management program is starting to wear us down. We are currently doing about 60-70% contract. For one new large contract client, we order the goods on their account. Having a program with TSF integration would be a HUGE plus. Plus, they are our go-to vendor.

In 2021, who is standing out from the crowd? We get that they all will fail somewhere :)

blue moon:
we are still super happy with TeeCal. It runs the whole shop and for you it will sync with QuickBooks.

The important part though is that they are about done with their API and you will be able to develop your own apps that would talk to it.
We are currently in the last few days of developing a program that will tie it to shipstation.com which connects to Shopify, big commerce, order my gear, ebay, amazon and just about anybody else. We will be able to import the orders directly that are created on all those sites. No more manual entries. Our contract customers will have to enter the orders on our web site which will also go straight into Teecal. All of this should cut our paperwork time in half.

pierre

mk162:
Start here:

1. put together a list of wants & needs.  You will need to remain flexible on this, ranking them isn't a bad idea.

2. Make sure you note what your goals are.  Do you want to streamline ordering/reorders/scheduling?

3. Set a budget, but don't let that be the end all.  Also take things into account like processing fees etc.  Those are likely to go up...at the same time your clerical time should drop dramatically.

4. Test drive the contenders.  Watch all of the videos you can.

5. Nothing is perfect.  You will have to make whatever you get work.  There will always be something missing, but that one missing thing might be overshadowed by a great feature you didn't even know you needed.

Hope this helps

Here is a list of some:
Teesom (what we run)
Precise by Impress
Price-it
Shopworx
Printavo
TeeCal
Shopvox Apparel
Deconetwork
Corebridge
TeeChimp
Cyrious
Stokkup
The Print Life

This is by no means all of them, and some of them may be gone.  I don't know.

blue moon:

--- Quote from: mk162 on April 05, 2021, 02:54:11 PM ---

5. Nothing is perfect.  You will have to make whatever you get work.  There will always be something missing, but that one missing thing might be overshadowed by a great feature you didn't even know you needed.

--- End quote ---

this!!! As Brad says, get used to the idea that you will have to change some things in the shop. If you embrace that, you can streamline your processes and you'll wonder what took you so long.

pierre

Nation03:
I forgot which program it was, if any, but the guy who runs Tiny Fish in Upstate NY said they use a software that is open source code so they were able to higher a programmer fairly cheap from Upwork or Fiverr and have them customize it to their needs. They can do similar stuff with Google Calendars. For me, Printavo is pretty much all I need, but I can see custom plug-ins and code coming in handy for larger shops with more unique processes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version