Author Topic: Patagonia pulls out of swag market  (Read 657 times)

Offline T Shirt Farmer

Patagonia pulls out of swag market
« on: April 15, 2021, 04:27:19 PM »
The new CEO @ Patagonia has decided to vacate the promotional products space.  Wow to have a brand that is so strong you can say F'u to our market just on the basis you feel people use Patagonia gear longer with no co-branding. I do not believe this decision is driven by supply chain issues or making higher profits via retail channels.

I sense there is momentum gaining in the No Swag from work groups that already have a drawer full of company shirts, 13 water bottles and 2 doggie bandanas. These groups are very concerned with down stream waste of swag, not just plastic but garments going to landfill as well. Just as paper printing took an extreme nose dive on the late 90's I see the same thing happening with promo.

Those of you serving niche markets have done well through corvid and will continue to excel. The corporate and event market is a mess and will take some time to get a foot hold. For now I am 110% in the premium brand market ,we have not sold a single PPE order by choice. My order volume is way down but the per order value is way up.
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline Admiral

Re: Patagonia pulls out of swag market
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 05:15:55 PM »
Correct, this has nothing to do with profits but with vision within the company.  Patagonia doesn't want their clothing decorated and then a couple years later you get a different job and now no longer wear that Patagonia garment.

We have to pull a lot of offerings but have several other premium brands to fill in the gaps hopefully.