Author Topic: 4 color process on darks  (Read 8132 times)

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
Re: 4 color process on darks
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2021, 02:06:01 PM »
Dan are you and customer happy with it? the florescent colors not vibrant to me.
Shane

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2021, 02:19:55 PM »
A, it’s a dark photo. Does not represent the true color... There are no good lights in this shop, and it’s a phone pic, but the original that you are seeing on screen here is in RGB and in the computer, the original rgb work file is not as vibrant as you see here. For example, there are no real hot pinks or neon yellow of any sort. It’s all to be every watercolor-ish.

B, Yea, it was 4 clr process on 50 shirts, so I don’t spend a lot of time on them.  In fact, here at this shop, out of maybe 600 separations or so, since I’ve been here, I’ve only ever revised ONE sep job pertaining to seps.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2021, 02:24:06 PM »
A, it’s a dark photo. Does not represent the true color... There are no good lights in this shop, and it’s a phone pic, but the original that you are seeing on screen here is in RGB and in the computer, the original rgb work file is not as vibrant as you see here. For example, there are no real hot pinks or neon yellow of any sort. It’s all to be every watercolor-ish.

B, Yea, it was 4 clr process on 50 shirts, so I don’t spend a lot of time on them.  In fact, here at this shop, out of maybe 600 separations or so, since I’ve been here, I’ve only ever revised ONE sep job pertaining to seps.
ok I wandere. thx

Online 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2021, 03:32:38 PM »
We don't do a ton of 4c process but what we have done on dark shirts looks good at least to me and customer are happy....just a base white and the process inks which are triple blend inks. My biggest problem at one time doing 4c process I didn't trust what I saw on screen and would increase the colors/brightness as my image would look washed out, but once I just went with the washed out look, the seps looked great and printed very nice, the other way the print got dark very quick causes us to stop and clean the screens or reburn higher mesh counts.  My normal mesh is 230 and maybe 280's color and my white 180.

Did you do this seps or did I do that one for you?  Looks familiar BUT, either way, those flesh tones look great!  People usually say that flesh tones are the hardest in cmyk, (especially black people) because of the heavy content of color in each cmyk sep. Can go south very quickly with too much ink down. but I don’t ever see a problem with those in particular.  Purples are hard.
Nope I did those seps, but I use your advice, I remember us talking about these seps, I was having problems with the yellow sep
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2021, 01:35:37 PM »
We did these a couple days ago and just getting around to posting on this for cmyk on darks. One example (on darks).  We do this a good bit. About once a week maybe if not more.  It’s a little off reg with some base peaking out. Sometimes, it doesn’t matter how much you tell them, they slip an order in that’s off reg. This is a new printer just getting used to us. He’s got some bad habits from his last shop and he’s never printed on an auto. The last shop seems they would let most anything go. It’s a new world for him here.  Higher mesh, different colors on bases, we are not your “normal” shop. LOL.  Nice guy tho and he is teachable. Just that habit part we have to get him out of.

Colored pencil sketch art style.  Art was provided.  The art was done by Don Howard. He’s a pretty popular caricature and mural artist here in town and oddly enough, he had worked at Disney for many years. We chat about that a lot.

Oh, and that’s not a mistake to have the same guy in there twice. They are twin brothers. LOL.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 01:38:50 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2021, 01:38:34 PM »
Nice!