Author Topic: harco dry help  (Read 5370 times)

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
Re: harco dry help
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 06:19:49 PM »
Thanks for the help. I ended up  replacing the fried switch with a fused disconnect, replaced the heat panel switch, replaced the burned wires and fixed the thermocouple wire. Seems to be working now. My wife thinks I should sell it for a small profit and buy a smaller new dryer with less bells and whistles but with a warranty. I think I will see how it goes. I pretty much freaked out and thought I got taken because it only ran for like 20 minutes before dying, I totally see how all my problems could be caused by the drive over here, s**t does happen for sure. Thanks for all the help you guys are a great.  Now to do the sheet metal work to vent this pig. 
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 09:10:36 PM »
Cool, glad you got it up and running.  When I trailered my lawson dryer I had one IR panel come out of it's frame and everything.  Had to rivet it back together, along with rewiring the whole dang thing.

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 12:11:31 AM »
Thanks for the help. I ended up  replacing the fried switch with a fused disconnect, replaced the heat panel switch, replaced the burned wires and fixed the thermocouple wire. Seems to be working now. My wife thinks I should sell it for a small profit and buy a smaller new dryer with less bells and whistles but with a warranty. I think I will see how it goes. I pretty much freaked out and thought I got taken because it only ran for like 20 minutes before dying, I totally see how all my problems could be caused by the drive over here, s**t does happen for sure. Thanks for all the help you guys are a great.  Now to do the sheet metal work to vent this pig.

Your wife is a smart women! RJennings and Black Body make awesome dryers, why because they are built very simple and no guess work when it comes to any issues. When a dryer looks likes the inside of a space craft with miles of wires going all over god's creation, I'd run and never look back. A dryer is nothing more than a boxed in flash dryer with a belt. Also both dryers take minutes not hours to get inside of, just a few bolts and your inside. I'm sure a few people wouldnt agree with me , but the less bells and whistles the better! I had the Harco 2408 and the 2411, both looked cool but ended up being crap asss dryers, time wasters, money pits and headaches.

BTW my Harco flash burned a wire today...ugg. Looking to get a black body 18x24 asap. I think I just might gut it out and referb it with a black body element for the fraction of the cost of a new one.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 12:30:36 AM by endless ink printing »

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 08:15:08 AM »
Thanks I am inclined to see how long this thing will run before it dies again, if its a constant pain I will boot it.

Sent  from samsung gem(the worst smart phone ever)
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com