Author Topic: warehouse space  (Read 889 times)

Offline AAMike

warehouse space
« on: June 14, 2021, 12:27:26 PM »
We have a customer wanting pricing on our warehouse space. We have never done this before. I know the shirts will eventually be printed and I think they are buying ahead because of the unpredictable stock. Is anybody renting space and how do you assess the charges for the space?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: warehouse space
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 12:37:43 PM »
bare minimum I would start with your monthly rent per square foot X the amount of space they are using.  Then I would mark it up probably 50-100% depending on how much of a pin it will be to work around.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 03:53:46 PM »
I like what Nightowls is doing, tack on 10% to the print price and call it a day.
Warehousing is a mess! You have to receive it, pull it, heat it, cool it, reconcile it, keep track of it. . . It is never right and it makes you look bad.
skip the headache and just go with a fixed markup.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Croft

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 11:54:58 AM »
its usually by skid /square feet , then if you have racking its per skid per level , also there usually is an in and out fee

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 12:00:24 PM »
We have a customer wanting pricing on our warehouse space. We have never done this before. I know the shirts will eventually be printed and I think they are buying ahead because of the unpredictable stock. Is anybody renting space and how do you assess the charges for the space?

I would research warehousing costs by square foot in your area and base it off that. Question tho. SAre you sure you will just be warehousing, or will it slowly turn into a fulfillment operation?
"No man is an island"