Author Topic: F Supacolor  (Read 2663 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
F Supacolor
« on: September 08, 2021, 10:26:20 AM »
Thats all I have to say
"No man is an island"

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: F Supacolor
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 10:29:39 AM »
But with no details as to why, and what we should be aware and/or wary of?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 10:37:43 AM »
Oh I could go on and on from their ridiculous pricing and shady pricing practices, such as forcing you to constantly go to a much larger size because left chests is just 4 x 4, or the fact you cannot gang anything. I placed an order last week that has a left chest and a back, because of no ganging I had to do two separate orders for each location. The price was nuts but it was a must have. Even tho I placed both orders with in minutes of each other with the exact same project name, they decided to do one on one day and the other on the next. The shitty ass software said both would be done same day and shipped. Just found out the order was not shipped in total yesterday and the other location went out today. Well that sucks because the job is due tomorrow for a special race and one location will not come till friday. Now I have to scramble and get a 4CP print figured out and done in time.
"No man is an island"

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 11:23:00 AM »
That's why I try to do as much production inhouse as I can, no one cares about your deadlines but you!!!!! when you depend on outside sources sometimes.  DTF printing can be a pain in the butt when a printer starts acting crazy trust me I know, have spend a little time myself with ours.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 11:59:31 AM »
I let the end user pay for all of that, if they want it. I do have a preference for gang sheets though. That being said, a package that needed to arrive today didn't, but UPS still says it's "on the way...". Notice, it doesn't say "Out for delivery". Friggin' semantics...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2021, 12:27:35 PM »
I let the end user pay for all of that, if they want it. I do have a preference for gang sheets though. That being said, a package that needed to arrive today didn't, but UPS still says it's "on the way...". Notice, it doesn't say "Out for delivery". Friggin' semantics...

Steve

It's all bad. We just have to suck it up sometimes.
Waiting on some transfers shipped USPS on the 1st, and haven't seen any tracking progress since the 5th when they hit Jersey.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2021, 12:54:52 PM »
same as D, we make as much in house as we can. I have been let down too many times. In a perfect production world, you place your order for X, you have an expected arrival date - you plan accordingly.  In reality- your file is corrupt, the artist got fired for bangin the secretary, the prints aren't the right color, USPS lost your package in a hurricane, your shirts arrive with holes and your printer put the front print on the back... and that's all before 10am...

...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2021, 02:08:07 PM »
I just went through this same scenario with Stickeryou.com I suggest anyone not use them. :(

I think I posted about my issue on my 2nd part (of one order) and I just got notice yesterday, that it was completed and now shipped. But that has it at 5:46 pm yesterday, so really (today) and it will be another 5 days before I get it.  That’s 5 wks total of messing around with this co.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2021, 02:39:06 PM »
I haven't used them because tprnt.com is so amazing.  It's DonR from here.  They got their equipment back up and running and have redundancy as well.  They gang sheets, btw.

I want to do it in house, we just don't quite have the demand for it yet.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2021, 02:46:25 PM »
I haven't used them because tprnt.com is so amazing.  It's DonR from here.  They got their equipment back up and running and have redundancy as well.  They gang sheets, btw.

Yep I have done some of his samples and placed our first order. Far easier tto deal with, just a few sheet sizes to choose from and you can gang. Their pricing will blow Supa away by a mile.  As long as the first order goes well it will be nothing but them from here on out. Plus they are only 30 minutes away. Tho 1990 is calling and wants their web site back.
"No man is an island"

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2021, 03:02:18 PM »
I got samples from tprnt too. I am super impressed. If the need arises I will order from Don. I will not even look or check prices anywhere else.
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2021, 03:22:06 PM »

Yep I have done some of his samples and placed our first order. Far easier tto deal with, just a few sheet sizes to choose from and you can gang. Their pricing will blow Supa away by a mile.  As long as the first order goes well it will be nothing but them from here on out. Plus they are only 30 minutes away. Tho 1990 is calling and wants their web site back.

I agree about the website.  It's functional, just dated looking.

Get this though, I can walk to supacolor if needed.  They are that close.  I'll still use Tprnt from CT.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2021, 04:44:00 PM »
Funny thing about websites. Mine is very simple and old, with minimal interactivity as it's purely informational. Of those who have commented at all, I get way more positives than knocks. Many say it's refreshing to not be assaulted with bells and whistles.

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2021, 06:12:02 PM »
I like Supacolor, make your image look like one image and then you can sneak in "gang sheets"

Yes it's less expensive to print yourself, but what about when you are booked printing and you have someone heat pressing you are producing in two areas?

You get what you pay for.  Price it accordingly, and set better expectations with your clients for lead-times, and pay for expedited shipping from Supa.

Check out Apex Transfers and Transfer Express also offer a similar product to Supa and both allow gang sheets, but price is higher in the low quantities especially for Apex.

Everyone makes mistakes, but give yourself a buffer for those and life is Supa  ;)

Offline DonR

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2021, 07:31:36 PM »
Yes, our website is ugly but our transfers are great.

Dan, if you need transfers tomorrow morning to meet your deadline, I can print them first thing and you can come down to pick them up.

I hear all of your complaints about outsourcing, I have been there myself. We will not be perfect but I will always try to communicate so you can make informed decisions to get your jobs done correctly and on time.