screen printing > Tips and Tricks to Share (Please don't ask questions here)

Money saving Tip!

<< < (2/7) > >>

Doug S:

--- Quote from: blue moon on September 27, 2021, 05:59:37 PM ---I think I drained 5 gallons the first time I did it. Installed auto-purge since then. . .

pierre

--- End quote ---
That will be my next purchase.

1964GN:

--- Quote from: bimmridder on September 27, 2021, 05:12:01 PM ---Or add an auto drain? Peace of mind and not too expensive

--- End quote ---
This. We have auto drains on the compressor and chiller. Worth every penny.

mooseman:
hey all you really should look into an auto drain it is very dangerous to have moisture (water ) build up in any pressurized component especially the receiver tank. The trapped water brings corrosion that you can not see when extensive enough it can result in explosive failure of the containment vessel. If you have ignored this for a long time maybe then a $20.00 bore scope from Amazon working through your smart phone can save you from  a potential disaster.
Here is a YouTube search on compressor blowups...worth a look
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=compressor+tank+blowout
mooseman

Nation03:
You don't drain it daily? Last thing I did before leaving the shop every night was open the valve to let all the water out. Most manufacturers recommend to drain daily or at least weekly to prevent premature tank rot. If you don't have an auto drain definitely drain it daily in my opinion.

mk162:

--- Quote from: mooseman on September 29, 2021, 09:29:45 AM ---hey all you really should look into an auto drain it is very dangerous to have moisture (water ) build up in any pressurized component especially the receiver tank. The trapped water brings corrosion that you can not see when extensive enough it can result in explosive failure of the containment vessel. If you have ignored this for a long time maybe then a $20.00 bore scope from Amazon working through your smart phone can save you from  a potential disaster.
Here is a YouTube search on compressor blowups...worth a look
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=compressor+tank+blowout
mooseman

--- End quote ---

I've seen enough of those to know I don't want to see another one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version