Author Topic: Crazy font ?  (Read 841 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Crazy font ?
« on: October 22, 2021, 11:23:07 AM »
I was looking for a font for a customer found the font downloaded it and when I went to do seps the font started acting really crazy letters distorted, caps not acting correct and the font was Amatic Bold, first time this ever happen any clues??
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
Re: Crazy font ?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 11:54:04 AM »
turn from font to object or outlines. should solve it.
Shane

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 12:12:44 PM »
I never send a font to seps, whether film or CTS. Always convert them. I have had fonts be misinterpreted upon output, sucks when it happens and you only notice after screens are set up.
"No man is an island"

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 01:36:30 PM »
Let me explain this a little better lol, I was using the font in some art I was sepping out and yes I did try and outline it and it still did the same thing. Inkman your so right glad I caught it on film before I when to burn screens.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2021, 01:54:05 PM »
I never send a font to seps, whether film or CTS. Always convert them. I have had fonts be misinterpreted upon output, sucks when it happens and you only notice after screens are set up.

this - plus one step further, I save a random word in the font(s) I am using in the design before converting to curves. I can't tell you how many times I opened a file needing to change something I didn't save the dang font...rookie mistake

some fonts off DaFont are jacked - all the distressed fonts, no good...nodes for days
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2021, 02:45:32 PM »

this - plus one step further, I save a random word in the font(s) I am using in the design before converting to curves. I can't tell you how many times I opened a file needing to change something I didn't save the dang font...rookie mistake

some fonts off DaFont are jacked - all the distressed fonts, no good...nodes for days

For me all my art I have a composite on the first page, that one always has the fonts etc. The rest of my pages are the seps, yes I still do them manually by hand. I just cannpt every trust software to do it right all the time.
"No man is an island"