Author Topic: Standard Sleeve pallet size?  (Read 1767 times)

Offline darkbosque_

• Verified/Junior
Standard Sleeve pallet size?
« on: October 27, 2021, 11:20:30 AM »
Hey everyone,
What's everyone's standard sleeve pallet size these days? Ive been getting a bunch of orders in with people wanting 4" to 5" wide on a long sleeve. I don't mind buying pallets for the bigger impressions I just know these bigger pallets aren't going to work very well when printing the smaller sized long sleeve. How do yall handle this?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Standard Sleeve pallet size?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 11:41:02 AM »
We carry 2 sizes...4" wide and 6" wide.

4" are mainly used for pockets and long sleeve prints. 

6" are used for pants and short sleeves mainly.

Offline rusty

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 12:04:36 PM »
I only 4 wide pallets and struggle when loading small (specifically Gildans) I don’t know if you could load smalls on a 6 wide pallet.

I hate printing sleeves and keep thinking of heat pressing them even if it takes longer.

Offline Raw Paw

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 03:36:49 PM »
4" wide is the max on small Gildans.  If possible, I would recommend upgrading to the double sleeve pallets - you can print 2 sleeves at once (different designs on each sleeve if necessary).  You can't print both sleeves of the same shirt at once, so you have to load 2 different shirts, then stack and print the alternate sleeve, however it does speed things up 2x at least as opposed to printing on a single sleeve pallet
Live by the blade, Die by the blade

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 12:33:03 AM »
4” and I had my palettes custom made, about 4” shorter than the shirt pallet.
I think shorter sleeve pallets should be the norm.
When you load a T shirt the printing area is a few inches from the top of the pallet, you don’t print on the collar you print a few inches down.
When you load a sleeve you don’t want to have to pull it down the pallet to the printing area.
With a shorter pallet you are near the print area and load according to print size.
We load with the shirt hanging, they don’t touch the floor.

Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il