Author Topic: difficult fleece  (Read 2058 times)

Offline Croft

difficult fleece
« on: November 02, 2021, 11:12:05 AM »
I have fleece hoodies from a customer , they are made in Pakistan 50/50 and 60 cotton/40 poly. 
They seem like a nice fleece But early on they were having problems printing at another printer . They print fine nice and bright but over time spots up to an 1/8" or bigger  would appear randomly  throughout the design really localized dye migration? . To combat I have been using Wilflex barrier base with performance white on top , the prints work they  look good and don't bleed but they crack pretty easy I think its the barrier base that is really not made for fleece.
Any ideas what I can do ?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: difficult fleece
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 12:13:18 PM »
Have you tried something like an ELT white from onestroke?

Offline repogolfer

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 01:51:51 PM »
This isn't going to help you but I had a major problem with the badger 5500 in red a few weeks back.  It was only the size smalls that bled really bad.  The tag was pakistan...but so were the others and only the adult smalls did this.  We reprinted them and used a lower cure ink and all was good.  It was strange though since none of the other sized did this.

Offline Croft

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2021, 02:12:57 PM »
This isn't going to help you but I had a major problem with the badger 5500 in red a few weeks back.  It was only the size smalls that bled really bad.  The tag was pakistan...but so were the others and only the adult smalls did this.  We reprinted them and used a lower cure ink and all was good.  It was strange though since none of the other sized did this.
its a weird thing , I have seen dye migration but never spots before , I suspect the dyeing process is flawed. The barrier is really the problem on the loose knit without it the white prints as usual and has some stretch , with the barrier it will crack coming off the platens if the guys put too much adhesive down, base isn't overcured its barely dry when it goes under the roller.

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2021, 03:14:13 PM »
I use Rutland grey barrier base all the time with fleece and have never had problems of it cracking.      What screen are you using?     We print base with a 150, double stoke, flash and top colors.
How long is your flash?     
Do you have the same problem with grey base on sportswear?
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Croft

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2021, 09:34:48 AM »
I use Rutland grey barrier base all the time with fleece and have never had problems of it cracking.      What screen are you using?     We print base with a 150, double stoke, flash and top colors.
How long is your flash?     
Do you have the same problem with grey base on sportswear?

were using a 110 or 123 fine double stroke for the barrier , spot 5 second with our M&R RENO flash then roll and top colours usually white

Offline Admiral

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2021, 03:26:50 PM »

This happens all of the time.  Different countries of manufacture / different dye lots mixed in and some bleed and the rest don't.  I've seen it at least 5x here probably much more.  We often print poly white now instead of a 50/50 white on triblends.  I know this is comparing 100% poly to blends but the idea is the same.