Computers and Software > Online Stores

Online Stores and product shortages

(1/2) > >>

Homer:
How are you guys dealing with this? We spend on average 2-3 hours per store sourcing items that we "think" will be available when the store ends, only to have them completely sold out. The only way we've been able to fight this is to shorten the length of the store to 2-3 days. We received some flack from parents about only having a few days to order but, there's not much we can do. I'm about to stop offering stores until we get items back in stock.

aauusa:
what I have started to do is put a disclaimer at the front of the store and at check out that "any item which is out of stock at the time the order is placed will be refunded."   I have done this after the first store we had htis year ran into this.  I also will call the customer if there is an alternative which is comparable to see if they want to switch( guildan sweat for a badger sweat)

inkman996:

--- Quote from: Homer on November 03, 2021, 01:41:59 PM ---How are you guys dealing with this? We spend on average 2-3 hours per store sourcing items that we "think" will be available when the store ends, only to have them completely sold out. The only way we've been able to fight this is to shorten the length of the store to 2-3 days. We received some flack from parents about only having a few days to order but, there's not much we can do. I'm about to stop offering stores until we get items back in stock.

--- End quote ---

You said it., we did it. No more stores for now. Just to many hassles involved.

Homer:
I have a pop up saying items will be replaced with a comparable item, I refuse to contact the customers and give them options. By the time you are done getting answers from them, those are sold out too. We have way too many to close up shop but it might be the only way until these boats get unloaded....

whitewater:
The time it takes to refund and/or call people sucks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version