Author Topic: Ugh , delays  (Read 2130 times)

Offline Croft

Ugh , delays
« on: November 09, 2021, 12:55:10 PM »
Have another 2 months to wait for a press I ordered first week of July , supposed to be delivered dec 23 2021  now feb 17 2022.

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
Re: Ugh , delays
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2021, 02:33:18 PM »
Have another 2 months to wait for a press I ordered first week of July , supposed to be delivered dec 23 2021  now feb 17 2022.
Who from?
Shane

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2021, 10:18:13 PM »
5 month for a press is a long wait. How come M&R are that slow these days.
Our ROQ took around 3 month and then the Suez Canal got blocked by that big boat;). That caused a fantastic delay. The press left Portugal late February and was delivered end of May. I feel your pain.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2021, 08:05:56 AM »
Steel for one. Certain grades of steel are suffering a big shortage. Chips, we all know about them. Aluminum is in also in short supply. Man power, trucking, cargo ships on and on. Welcome to the new world
"No man is an island"

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2021, 08:48:32 AM »
Steel for one. Certain grades of steel are suffering a big shortage. Chips, we all know about them. Aluminum is in also in short supply. Man power, trucking, cargo ships on and on. Welcome to the new world

exactly..... Shortages suck, especially when it disrupts your workflow, but I think this gives us all a chance to slow down, take a breather. What's the rush anyway, it's just a shirt. I have jobs willing to wait until mid winter, stores lined up for February so everyone is kinda taking a chill pill on the rush mindset and going with the flow. Everyone we work with is in the same spot so it's not like it's just our shop that can't source goods, so they're willing to wait until it comes in....I actually welcome a slow December, we are going to have a bitchin Christmas party again this year. I picked up some full auto bb guns last year for everyone, set up a range. We only managed to blow out one light bulb. This year I went pistols and exploding targets.... Keep the employees happy so they hang on through this nonsense and we'll be alright...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2021, 04:04:08 PM »

exactly..... Shortages suck, especially when it disrupts your workflow, but I think this gives us all a chance to slow down, take a breather. What's the rush anyway, it's just a shirt. I have jobs willing to wait until mid winter, stores lined up for February so everyone is kinda taking a chill pill on the rush mindset and going with the flow. Everyone we work with is in the same spot so it's not like it's just our shop that can't source goods, so they're willing to wait until it comes in....I actually welcome a slow December, we are going to have a bitchin Christmas party again this year. I picked up some full auto bb guns last year for everyone, set up a range. We only managed to blow out one light bulb. This year I went pistols and exploding targets.... Keep the employees happy so they hang on through this nonsense and we'll be alright...

Bought my son a Seneca Eagle Claw, shoots .22 or .25. Going to be taking him hunting soon with it.
"No man is an island"

Offline Croft

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2021, 04:32:45 PM »

Was hoping to ease it in at Christmas when its slow , was originally a 23 week lead-time , mid Feb is when we start rockin around here and closing for a few days when the press arrives could hurt. I guess I'll just have a big Christmas and Newyears party and. go with the flow. 
No need to know the brand I'm sure others are in or on the same boat :)

Offline Admiral

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2021, 04:40:20 PM »

Yep, turns out the supply chain with intricate systems and cost savings was very delicate and is hard to quickly adjust to stops/starts :(

Gonna be awhile to get all of this sorted, another year...

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2021, 04:41:06 PM »

Bought my son a Seneca Eagle Claw, shoots .22 or .25. Going to be taking him hunting soon with it.

ohh those are nice! I have a few PCP's, people have NO clue how powerful airguns can be...and expensive...they always ask about FPS, not realizing FPS has nothing to do with anything, you want ft/lbs of energy. Check out iguana hunting down in Florida. We thought about making a shop trip down there for a few days, wouldn't cost much. I think the best trip would be helicopter hog hunting in Texas. Those guys have all the fun down there. Full auto on a hog. dang
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2021, 07:36:55 PM »
Aero parts out of SC is still cranking out refurbished machines at more than half the cost as new. Our 14 color G2 is getting delivered right on schedule this Saturday!

Sure the table still comes up & it’s not as fancy, but with a total refurb it’s good for some serious mileage and is still pretty quick with a lot of heads / room to play. Our press ops are used to this era of m&r so why change?

Every time I’ve needed a press, I’ve reeeeealy needed a press. I wouldn’t want to wait that long. The suffering is real when you’ve got a backlog and everyone is so stressed & overloaded.

Shortages

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2021, 08:51:39 AM »

ohh those are nice! I have a few PCP's, people have NO clue how powerful airguns can be...and expensive...they always ask about FPS, not realizing FPS has nothing to do with anything, you want ft/lbs of energy. Check out iguana hunting down in Florida. We thought about making a shop trip down there for a few days, wouldn't cost much. I think the best trip would be helicopter hog hunting in Texas. Those guys have all the fun down there. Full auto on a hog. dang

Funny you mentioned iguana hunting, just did an order for some folks going down to FA for a big air rifle iquana hunt. We started with a break barrel that was getting tedious so I switched it up with the Seneca. You are right FPS has little meaning in these guns, all of them even the cheapest shoot in the 1,000 FPS range. Its more about the quality of the gun and its accuracy. Some of the $1K+ guns do not even advertise above 1,000FPS. I like the seneca because it has one of the highest muzzle velocities, advertised at 52lbs, but that of course is with the lightest grain they could put in it.
"No man is an island"