Tutorials/Training Video or Step by step process. > Art/Separation Tutes

a familiar Illustrator problem

(1/4) > >>

Sbrem:
I've found the answer to this before, but can't find it now, so I turn to my friends here. Simply, we have a shape filled with a spot color, in this case, Spot White. We reduced it to 15% using the transparency panel. Now when we click on it, it says it's 100%, and plainly is not. The Transparency panel says 100%, the Color panel says 100%. The Appearance Panel, well, I can't see how to change the opacity there. What's killing me, is that I figured this out a few months ago, and didn't write it down, arrrrggghhhhh!!!!!

Steve

blue moon:
Make sure you find where you made the changes. It is probably a level above or bellow where you are looking. This is in Layers panel, the groups and subgroups.
Pierre

Sbrem:
I don't understand that Pierre. Let's say I draw a square and fill it with a color, by default 100%, yes? Next I go to the Transparency panel and change it to 15%, and it looks like it should. Then deselect it, and when reselected, the transparency panel says it's 100%, and it can't be undone. It can of course, but I'll be damned if I can find an answer when googling, I see a lot of discussion, but nothing I've see is working for me. One discussion says to Ungroup as it may be part of a group. When I do that, it, and all the other shapes with varying percentages change to 100%. I'm perplexed...

Steve

blue moon:
you are looking at the wrong place. Go to your layers panel and find the element there. It will have a normal dot next to it. Look at the group it belongs to and check out that dot. It will be different color. That is the one you changed. Bottom line, look for the dot that is different.

post a screenshot of all the elements in the layer panel so we can see.

pierre

Sbrem:
There are a gazillion pieces unfortunately, but here's a shot of the group, then a shot of the element, in the Layers panel. The dot for the group is gray, and the dot for the element is 2 concentric circles, no fill...

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version