Author Topic: Cobra Flex DTF?  (Read 2227 times)

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
Cobra Flex DTF?
« on: January 15, 2022, 09:26:45 AM »
Just got an E-Mail about their new powderless DTF Printer. Anyone see this in action or use one? Looks like a solid DTG alternative considering the 24" model starts around 30k. Not sure what the ink costs are per transfer but this is something that would make my life a whole lot easier when a Fire Department orders a bunch of hoodies and tees and then adds 3 pairs of sweatpants or a baby onesie.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Cobra Flex DTF?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 07:18:37 PM »
I'm in the market for a new DTF printer, we are currently using two epson L1800 and I want to throw them down the hallway daily. The Cobra Flex is just a rebranded machine, they are all over alibaba....Powder isn't the problem, its the damn white print heads clogging up. You need a machine with the auto head cleaning, auto ink stir, roll to roll, as well as two print heads and anything over 10k for a DTF set up is nuts. I spoke to a manufacturer this morning about a 24" unit for under 5k plus freight. We come to use these transfers way too much to bail on them now. Sending out is not an option unless it's huge run. too bad everything is made in China, they're just cheap throwaway machines...

I have a DTG printer here i will give you for free if you want it...need the space ;D
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 08:06:15 PM »
my friend steven farag from campus ink was testing this machine out, and ended up returning it. He's talked about it a bunch on printavo podcasts. you can also email him/message him, and he'll answer about it.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 03:40:09 AM »
Just got an E-Mail about their new powderless DTF Printer. Anyone see this in action or use one? Looks like a solid DTG alternative considering the 24" model starts around 30k. Not sure what the ink costs are per transfer but this is something that would make my life a whole lot easier when a Fire Department orders a bunch of hoodies and tees and then adds 3 pairs of sweatpants or a baby onesie.
Check with Matsui if they sell their DTF printers as well in the States. Here in Japan they sell for around $30K. And if you by any chance a ROQ print shop then you are in luck as they use the same colorway for the DTF printer. They are ROQ distributer here.

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2022, 07:41:43 AM »
Check the Mutah sold by STS, I've been following blogs, facebook pages etc and there are serious problems with all the machines on the market.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2022, 12:24:53 PM »
Until they make a print head that will handle the white ink there making now or make a white ink that will work with the print heads we have now your looking at problems with clogs, I'm right there with Homer on tossing the L1800 down the hall, ours' can be a temperamental $itch at times. DTF is good until they start pricing it so high only the big boys can afford to set up really good machines is there shops, I don't mine a 2to5k investment but 30k for DTF and running an auto in the same shop piss on that!!!
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2022, 09:59:42 AM »
Good Info, thanks everyone. I finally have a manual press again so its something to handle the annoying crap in the meantime. I think I need to wait another 5-10 years on the DTF and DTG before I buy with confidence lol.

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2022, 12:10:59 PM »
https://coldesi.com/direct-to-film-transfer-printers-have-finally-arrived/ is selling a unit that I have heard good things about, in the near future it is supposed to come with a pipeline for taking on demand orders as well but don't know how long that will take.

I don't know if Coldesi is super reputable as I think what I do is a little out of their target market, but I'd rather pay a premium up front cost to have support than buy a printer direct from China and have no support.

I think you can get samples from Coldesi as they have a unit setup in their facility.

I'm still in the sub out and let other people deal with the hassle place right now, yes it'd be cool to have a machine, but it would only be cool for small quick turn orders or prototyping that isn't that lucrative anyhow.

For now I'll stick to subbing out, and screen printing more simple transfers internally.  As well as the most premium transfers are still digital and screen print, not full digital as far as I have seen.

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2022, 02:41:00 PM »
I have purchased digital equipment through coldesi in the past and I am VERY happy with their support.
I do not know anything about DTF though. I farm all of my DTF need out.

When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2022, 02:45:39 PM »
That Coldesi system looks pretty good. I am curious tho what is the costs of the consumables? I haven't heard anything about that, it was a huge price tag for DTG printers and wondering if it is similar? Now there is also a roll good involved that must have some cost to it.
"No man is an island"

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2022, 05:42:02 AM »
SPSI has a unit in beta testing now and they are getting very good feedback on it. I am ordering some samples today. 30k. Coldesi is just a few miles from us and we may take a drive over to check it out.