Author Topic: Can this be rewired?  (Read 1895 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Can this be rewired?
« on: January 21, 2022, 10:47:13 AM »
See pics below, I have a Hotronix 16 x 20 auto open that we are selling. Want it gone ASAP but when we bought it I had it wired for 240 because there was an existing 240 outlet where it was going to live. Now I need to know can I rewire it to 120? Since it is being sold I want to make sure it is done correctly, I get a little confused when there is no neutral involved.
"No man is an island"

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Can this be rewired?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 11:37:38 AM »
Hmmm, from what I'm thinking you could wire it for 110 but it might only get half the power it needs to work since it was built for 220, so I'm saying no because it has some components that need to have 220 for it's full power, but I could be wrong.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline aauusa

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 12:10:57 PM »
honestly i would call and ask hotronics as they would have the best answer

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 05:53:51 PM »
call Stahls. . .

you would need to have a transformer inside that has output at both 220 and 110. That's pretty common so it's possible that the one in there would support both voltages. Ultimately, Stahls should be able to help.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Northland

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2022, 10:13:28 AM »
See pics below, I have a Hotronix 16 x 20 auto open that we are selling. Want it gone ASAP but when we bought it I had it wired for 240 because there was an existing 240 outlet where it was going to live. Now I need to know can I rewire it to 120? Since it is being sold I want to make sure it is done correctly, I get a little confused when there is no neutral involved.

Looks like the press has a 10amp push button circuit breaker, which would only be suitable for 240 volt operation.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2022, 09:47:41 AM »
There are some parts you need, we had ours wired from 240 to 120, it was about 8 years ago so I don't remember.  I bet stahls sells a kit for it.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2022, 09:50:44 AM »
we have two parts presses. If you let me know what you need I can pull out and ship to you.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!