Author Topic: Monitor Size  (Read 3324 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Monitor Size
« on: January 27, 2022, 01:04:41 PM »
So I'm getting older wear glasses and still trying to draw stuff on the computer, right now I'm working on a 13x22 in monitor not a bad size but I'm thinking bigger! what size monitor do some of you have that you find is good on the old eyes to draw art and do seps.  We have a 32 in Tv we no longer really use at home since upgrading to a 60in and from what I see on back you can hook it up and use it for a computer monitor, yep I wouldn't have much desk left but I can see it a mile away LOL
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Monitor Size
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 02:54:34 PM »
We use 21.5" iMac's here, but at home I just replaced my 2011 model with a new 27", and wow, is it big! So big in fact, that I had to push to the back of my desk as far as it would go. Really nice though...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline abchung

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 03:05:32 PM »
I was about to use my T.V as a monitor, until I read somewhere the pixel density for a T.V is less than a monitor. That is why T.V are cheaper, also They are meant to be viewed several metres away.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 06:36:56 PM »
I was about to use my T.V as a monitor, until I read somewhere the pixel density for a T.V is less than a monitor. That is why T.V are cheaper, also They are meant to be viewed several metres away.

Yes you have the same amount of pixels in a 1920x1080 display (those are the number of rows and columns).... so no matter if it's on a 19" screen or a 32" screen... same pixels.

So though a 32" screen will certainly be bigger... it will just be like getting closer to your current monitor.

I think I have 25" monitors (3 of them, one is sideways to fit LOL but it only runs my stocks).  But they are higher resolution (2560x1440) so I get sharper images... BUT things are again "smaller".

The thing would be to get a higer resolution monitor and then just turn up the setting for that.  "make text and other items larger or smaller" in the display settings.  This will zoom on the text and icons but your can still have sharp artwork.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2022, 01:42:03 PM »
I have a 32" Dell monitor at home, 4K resolution.  I couldn't imagine that at 1080P haha.  I would recommend either 24" at 1080P or 27" at 1080P (4K can be downsized to this).

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2022, 02:37:04 PM »
no question about it, multiple monitor is the way to go. two small 21" monitors will give you more area then a 27" or a 32".
my suggestion would be two 25" at 2.5k resolution, but even two 21" at HD (1080x1920) should be sufficient for most work we do.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline prozyan

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2022, 03:10:10 PM »
I think I have 25" monitors (3 of them, one is sideways to fit LOL but it only runs my stocks).  But they are higher resolution (2560x1440) so I get sharper images... BUT things are again "smaller".

I'm a lot like Gilligan.  I've found I prefer multiple smaller screens to a single large screen.  My workstation (which I also use to manage my retirement portfolio) has 6 27" monitors arranged in a 3x3 pattern.

I much prefer that over a single large monitor.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2022, 10:19:07 AM »
I run 2 x 34 ultrawide 3440x1440 screens and a 50 inch 4k tv above those. I love having a lot of room for various things running and helps my flow.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2022, 10:37:14 AM »
I might try the two smaller monitors and try a split screen, another 22" could work...Brandt sound like you dang near have a TV station set up ;D
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 04:25:17 PM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2022, 12:11:08 PM »
I want more to be honest.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2022, 01:23:18 PM »
At work and at home, my monitors are 27”.  Works out well.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2022, 01:39:35 PM »

What caliber is the Gat?
Dale Hoyal

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2022, 03:42:39 PM »

What caliber is the Gat?

That ones a 9mm. Therse more ;)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2022, 06:46:43 PM »
I find the ultra wides to be kind of useless for our work.

Now when using it for mixing audio that can be a different story.

Not my setup, I don't use Logic or Cubase or whatever that is... I use Studio One (local boys!)

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2022, 11:04:55 AM »
I really like 27". This my desk set up. The one on the right is the rip computer for the CTS