Author Topic: New screens  (Read 8055 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
New screens
« on: February 08, 2022, 09:57:12 AM »
So yesterday I thought I would purchase a few new screens for an upcoming project  S mesh and I was told nope don't have any, and that was from my favorite supplier, just when I thought things have gotten just a touch better.  On the brite side they are doing well on remeshing screens, so what else can we not get  besides inks, t-shirts and screens  ;D
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: New screens
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 09:58:39 AM »
lol

Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 10:47:06 AM »
we just had 9 - S-mesh screens pop in one day, all the glue is letting go on the edge. Same spot on all of them. At first I thought it was chemicals but they were sitting on the rack waiting for reclaim. They were all the blue glue from River City, The red glue from Spot color is the way to go.... Good to know I order 24 extra screens a few months ago and stored them away... ::)
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline BACjc

• Verified/Junior
  • Bumperactive - Stickers and Tees
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022, 01:29:26 PM »
The blue from River City are the ones made by Murakami, not Kevin (fyi).  That's super weird that they would all fail in the same spot...

Offline Raw Paw

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 01:33:19 PM »
Thank you for sharing, this is great to know.  We've had quite a few Murakami S screens pop recently, and I am looking to invest in a ton of new screens to get our PRU to work
Live by the blade, Die by the blade

Offline BACjc

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2022, 01:47:18 PM »
We love working with Scott at https://silkscreensolutions.com/ and he can stretch thin thread with zero issue.  We have him fabricate stuff for us as well, including custom mug screens etc.  VERY solid dude. 

Tell him Jameson at Bumperactive says hi!

Brandon at Spot Color is also a super great guy.  I haven't ordered screens from him, but years ago I grabbed an ancient Javelin off a guy and Brandon spent literally hours helping me over the phone to explain how to break it down and check for things just because I asked here if anyone could help.  One of my first mind blowing experiences here on the boards of folks just being awesome to each other.

Offline BACjc

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2022, 01:48:24 PM »
Thank you for sharing, this is great to know.  We've had quite a few Murakami S screens pop recently, and I am looking to invest in a ton of new screens to get our PRU to work

FYI, Scott is right up 35 from us in Belton.  He swings through Austin in person usually every week or 2 to grab frames or drop off screens.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2022, 01:58:30 PM »
Tell me about it. We are waiting on 3 LVL beams for our house.  Lumber has been sitting on our jobsite for 3 weeks waiting on the stupid beams to start framing.  I have fixtures ordered that I really don't want to store.

I have been having better luck with supplies thankfully.  It seems a lot of Madeira threads are out of stock at Alpha at the moment.  Not sure if that is normal or not since i don't order most of my supplies from them.

Bobbins are out at Gunold.  We've been having quality problems with other magnetic bobbins and the ones from Gunold are really good.

We are mainly running into oddball outages thankfully.  We can stay busy and work around most of them...except for my 24ft long LVLs at the house.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2022, 03:53:50 PM »
we order from GSF in chicago. they really know their stuff.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Raw Paw

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2022, 04:16:20 PM »
Eric - I have heard great things about GSF, looking into them

Jameson - thank you for the heads up there, that is an awesome service to have locally
Live by the blade, Die by the blade

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2022, 06:10:30 PM »

I started to order from them as well. Really nice frames and the thin thread Saati mesh seems a little more durable in my opinion. It's still thin thread so it's definitely still more fragile, but I really like the 158 and 230 thins.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2022, 06:25:49 PM »

I started to order from them as well. Really nice frames and the thin thread Saati mesh seems a little more durable in my opinion. It's still thin thread so it's definitely still more fragile, but I really like the 158 and 230 thins.

we found the hidro thin thread from saati to be more durable than the murakami smesh.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2022, 08:21:46 AM »
we just had 9 - S-mesh screens pop in one day, all the glue is letting go on the edge. Same spot on all of them. At first I thought it was chemicals but they were sitting on the rack waiting for reclaim. They were all the blue glue from River City, The red glue from Spot color is the way to go.... Good to know I order 24 extra screens a few months ago and stored them away... ::)
Different country here but the glue they use here sucks big time. Many shops de-mesh their frames after printing one job then have them re-meshed. Such a waste. Anyway, while they stretch the screens perfectly, to the exact Nm I ask them to, the glue is a real problem. Have ordered now adhesive from RhinoTech which they will use from now on to stretch our screens.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2022, 08:25:18 AM »

we found the hidro thin thread from saati to be more durable than the murakami smesh.
Oh shoot, good reminder. We still have almost 70 roller frames with brand new hi-dro mesh panels sitting upstairs in our stretching area- for almost 1 year now. Never used them, better get to it.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2022, 08:34:37 AM »
I just checked out GSF , might need to order a few dozen and see what happens. Their website is uhh....it's something... but sometimes places that  have horrible websites are the hidden gold mines, they don't need good advertising.... if you know, you know...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...