Author Topic: New screens  (Read 8443 times)

Offline BACjc

• Verified/Junior
  • Bumperactive - Stickers and Tees
Re: New screens
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2022, 11:43:07 AM »
Scott stocks both Saati and Murakami thin threads (when stock is available...)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2022, 11:46:09 AM »
Just a reminder.....although there are variants, there are two adhesion systems. 2 part cyanoacrylate, and a 1 part lacquer system. The former is
faster and cheaper while the latter takes time to cure and generally more expensive. I feel the lacquer system yields better adhesion

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2022, 12:42:56 PM »
Whatever spotcolor use on there screens is some really good glue, even when I've had a screen to pop it was tough pulling the mesh off the frame, I had some that I could just rip the mesh from the frame with little effort.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2022, 02:13:23 PM »
I just checked out GSF , might need to order a few dozen and see what happens. Their website is uhh....it's something... but sometimes places that  have horrible websites are the hidden gold mines, they don't need good advertising.... if you know, you know...

Haha yeah it's a bit 90s looking. I just email them the order form with what I want and it's usually pretty smooth. They also use the red glue and I've had no issues. Tension holds strong. They just got on Instagram recently so if they do a little more marketing they could really blow up. Word of mouth is really their main advertising. I think if I remember correctly, the owner, said they do like 10-15k frames per month.

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2022, 03:39:50 PM »
I stretch onto GSF and like them.
Saati have a good glue {Kiwo is similar}.  It’s a 2 part.
Holds well but if you are restretching on a static you want a glue that will allow the screen to peel off when you pull it.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2022, 04:25:58 PM »
Most re-stretch ops have either a Harlacher or Grunig rotary mechanical stripper that strips the frame of glue and lightly re-abrades the aluminium for best adhesion. Back in the day when we re-stretched our own frames we had issues with glue over glue.....bad issues!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2022, 02:54:27 PM »
We still do some re-stretching, and grinding off the glue is a drag, but necessary, if you want the mesh to stick that is...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't