Author Topic: Pantone Help  (Read 3653 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Pantone Help
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2022, 01:55:54 PM »
I hate when customers proof art on phones and I tell them in our statement we prefer proofing on a larger screen, we also give them the ink colors we will print, I've found people have missed misspell words proofing on there phone or missed a name they they might have left off, colors etc.  Far as colors on monitors I can tell my wife to come look at something on my monitor and she swears it's a certain color until she sits down in front of the monitor and look, the angles standing up makes the colors look different.

get an IPS monitor. they have a much wider angle and thus more consistent color. Much, much better tech and only marginally more expensive these days.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Pantone Help
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2022, 08:04:52 PM »
I hate when customers proof art on phones and I tell them in our statement we prefer proofing on a larger screen, we also give them the ink colors we will print, I've found people have missed misspell words proofing on there phone or missed a name they they might have left off, colors etc.  Far as colors on monitors I can tell my wife to come look at something on my monitor and she swears it's a certain color until she sits down in front of the monitor and look, the angles standing up makes the colors look different.
Well what can you do. It`s just a fact that a significant percentage of business is done these days on mobile devices. And it will only get more. All you can do is add a disclaimer to your emails.