Author Topic: Price these for me!  (Read 2325 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Price these for me!
« on: March 01, 2022, 02:16:42 PM »
I know you all get some of the same type emails, almost makes me want to cry/laugh or what?  you just have to really love this job

Hello, I am contacting to request a quote for performance t-shirts. The shirts will have something printed on the front, back, and logos on the sleeves. May you provide me with a quote for youth and adults size t-shirts to include XXL and XXXL?
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Price these for me!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 02:24:57 PM »
Yea buddy!  Everyday.  I guess it’s like (us), going some place to get something done and we have no clue what goes into getting a price.

Like trying to get someone to pay for art charges for their Truck they want on the shirt.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 02:45:06 PM »
When I get the most simple question, "how much is a printed T-shirt?", I often answer "similar to the price of a dinner", which is just as open-ended.
When I get the more specific type like posted here, I now have a standard answer of "pricing always depends on type/model of shirt, color of shirt, number of shirts, and exactly what's going on said shirts"
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 02:52:14 PM »
When I get the most simple question, "how much is a printed T-shirt?", I often answer "similar to the price of a dinner", which is just as open-ended.
When I get the more specific type like posted here, I now have a standard answer of "pricing always depends on type/model of shirt, color of shirt, number of shirts, and exactly what's going on said shirts"

I used to use "about the same as a car" to get their attention. Of course guys our age, Andy, can remember buying cars that ran and passed inspection for $100 or less... I make sure to be polite and say, "It really doesn't work quite that way, I'll need some more info please." But on the inside :o

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2022, 08:26:26 AM »
We used to use the diaper answer....
DEPENDS on how much crap you want on them..
Then we would send them to custom ink and would tell crusty we can easily beat that price.   ;D come back to us when you have the custom ink quote
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.