Author Topic: Checking screen tension out the box  (Read 3304 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Checking screen tension out the box
« on: March 22, 2022, 01:48:31 PM »
So when I buy new screens, I ask before I buy what tension they bring them up to, once I get them in, I pull them out the box check for flatness and then tension, so my question is, what method is the best or close to checking tension. Right now I do three points top, middle, bottom, I will say that most screens are close to what I was told.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline BP

Re: Checking screen tension out the box
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2022, 02:39:35 PM »
I always been told to do it in the middle of the screen, and checking long and short threads.
SHIRT HAPPENS!

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 08:30:52 AM »
So when I buy new screens, I ask before I buy what tension they bring them up to, once I get them in, I pull them out the box check for flatness and then tension, so my question is, what method is the best or close to checking tension. Right now I do three points top, middle, bottom, I will say that most screens are close to what I was told.
Interesting. We have a different approach when ordering screens. We tell them what tension we expect, depending on mesh count. So far they have not disappointed. We measure at 3 points, just like you do.  We did measure at 9 points but I figured that is pointless after a while as the screens we order are normally spot on.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2022, 09:33:12 AM »
@Rockers, I use to ask for a certain tension, but decided I'd try what they normally do for other printers since I was having to many screens pop at high tension.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!