Author Topic: Monarch inks  (Read 2795 times)

Offline Croft

Monarch inks
« on: April 27, 2022, 03:05:39 PM »
HI is anyone on the boards using Monarch inks? seems like a good product with decent pricing.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Monarch inks
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 09:29:22 AM »
I had a rep stop in about a week ago pushing these inks. Apparently they were developed to compete against One Stroke, so it has my interest as that's all we use. However the price of One Stroke is getting a little out of hand so I may give it a shot. I think he said the ULT II is comparable to the ELT we are currently using.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2022, 09:43:28 AM »
We have run the Yeti ULT II and Stark LB. They are not bad inks but not great either. We found the ULT II to be a tad granular so we are sticking with Wilflex Performance LC. They price of that stuff has gone through the roof though so I doubt will stay with it.

They are worth trying IMO but for us the performance of the inks just didn't cut it.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2022, 10:10:01 AM »
I've used Stark white and wasn't crazy about it, but for the price it's decent. I'm at the bottom of a 5'er of Yeti white right now. I like the Yeti a bit more than the Stark, but it's still not my favorite. Wilflex Perfect White was my go to for years, but the last 5'er I got of that was unusable. You could basically make a snowball out of the ink and it barely stuck to your hand. I think they forgot to mix in something since it has the consistency of rubber essentially. I'm sure it was a fluke since I never had an off batch and I'll likely switch back to it assuming it was a one time defect.

I have some color Monarch inks and I have no complaints on those. They make a really nice color ink and I hear good things on their mixing system. If I wasn't already in too deep with Union Unimatch inks, I would switch over, but it's not worth it at this point.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2022, 10:19:17 AM »
Wilflex Performance LC @ Nazdar with shipping is showing up @ 209.39 /gal, I don't buy anything from them so I'm not receiving any "discounts"  Good Lord that's insane. I thought 140/Gal was pricey ...

CCI has a white ink we tried when One Stroke cut us off a few months back, L.T.C. white -it wasn't too bad for 80/gal....might be worth a shot.

We used to have various whites for different fabrics but it all became a mess so we decided it was worth the cost to have one white that can print on anything we can fit under a screen, and the ELT-S is it. That stuff is gold, you can pull it out of the freezer and it'll still flow..... We also buy 5 gallons at a time but ask for single buckets, we can never get a solid mix on a 5 gal pail, we burned up too many drills doing that. ::)

anyone using WM Plastics? I had some of that back in the day, I forgot about them.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2022, 02:21:16 PM »
I used WM back in the day and they matched up pretty good with union inks, Homer I'm right there with you on One Stroke, the ink is great but doggone high, so I buy so much white for the problem shirts and International Coatings cool white for my other white.  I posted about cool white after I got a bad bucket, but looks like it's all good again, so those are my two inks for white and color inks all union inks with a few custom mix in there.  I think I stopped using WM when my Rep left, nothing wrong with the ink as I can remember.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!