Author Topic: Reflective inks  (Read 2716 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Reflective inks
« on: May 03, 2022, 04:09:00 PM »
Hey anyone know a reflective ink, like for police and fire departments, I used union flash-back 1500 neutral gray, but just found out it's being discontinued, 3M products is just about out of the question because of it's cost.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Reflective inks
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2022, 04:41:13 PM »
Isn't 3M's the only one approved for official applicationns?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Admiral

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2022, 05:32:42 PM »
3M is the only one I have used.  Used it 2x I believe and that was over 4 years ago.  Worked best (most reflective) with 1 pass, no basing if I remember correctly too.  The customer actually brought it in and that's why we went through with it.  He knew what was up if he wanted to get those official reflective garments screen printed haha.

Online ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2022, 06:50:03 PM »
Allureglow makes some really great reflective ink.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2022, 08:57:20 PM »
I’ve used the stuff from international coatings with pretty good success. No base, prints a grayish. Uses a catalyst & has a short pot life. But good stuff indeed. Haven’t tried the 3m so don’t have anything to compare it to. Might try the allureglow, their glow n the dark powder is the great stuff.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2022, 02:45:27 PM »
Thanks all, @Frog I really don't know if 3M has a lock on every department, we've been printing reflect from union inks for years now, don't know why they are pulling it, but One stroke has Lumiflect I found out yesterday which seems to be pretty much the same just pricey!!!!
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2022, 02:52:35 PM »
Thanks all, @Frog I really don't know if 3M has a lock on every department, we've been printing reflect from union inks for years now, don't know why they are pulling it, but One stroke has Lumiflect I found out yesterday which seems to be pretty much the same just pricey!!!!

I may have been wrong on that, and confused it with their reflective HTV, which, I think, is the only approved one.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline siestasol

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2022, 02:58:19 PM »
Magnaprint Reflective SB. Ready to use with waterbase screen.

Offline Steve12Lowry

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2022, 03:22:18 PM »

It has been replaced with K2542 Infinite FX Imagebrite Lite Gray.

Pretty much all Union, Rutland, QCM and Wilflex specialty inks have been discontinued and moved under the Avient Specialty Inks brand name.