Author Topic: EPSON T3270  (Read 3156 times)

Offline Logoman

• Life is what happens while your making other plans
EPSON T3270
« on: July 12, 2022, 10:45:36 AM »
Question, I've got this printer at our shop, its wonderful! Lately, it's printing a lot lighter than normal on the film positives. I've cleaned the print heads as well as added more ink. Can anyone help?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: EPSON T3270
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 11:16:07 AM »
I don't have the same printer but still an epson printer, and ours did the same thing, I clean the head, then I set my print setting to the darkest black print it would print and printed a few seps and it started printing fine, then I when back to my old settings, been doing great.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 11:53:25 AM »
I haven't noticed that with ours. Are you having trouble exposing small dots or fine lines? Or is it just something you've noticed? I come from darkroom tray developed films, which were as black as black could get. None of our digitally printed films over the years could compare, but still exposed just fine. It's not the opacity as much as it's ability to filter out the blue light.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Logoman

• Life is what happens while your making other plans
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2022, 12:12:22 PM »
We have had the printer a few months with no issues. Now lately the positives are light and not very Dark to burn a screen.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2022, 01:31:41 PM »
All black or single black? We use a single black, running Black Pearl, resolution is 720 x 1440, and our droplet size is set to 13, if this helps...

Steve

Offline DCSP John

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2022, 09:44:00 AM »
we just ordered a back up 3270. Care to share more details on the one black cart?
Guessing you are running cleaner in the other carts? Hoping to know from where you get
the one black and the other re-fillable carts.

Thanks. - John

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2022, 11:57:37 AM »
we just ordered a back up 3270. Care to share more details on the one black cart?
Guessing you are running cleaner in the other carts? Hoping to know from where you get
the one black and the other re-fillable carts.

Thanks. - John

Actually, we have the Epson Matte Black and CMY carts, but don't use them, well once in a blue moon we'll print in color, but after owning it for 4 years, we probably should go to cleaning solution in those. We print with the Photo Black. In your AccuRIP setup, there are options for all black, or any combination. A single black makes cleaner halftones in my opinion...

Steve

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2022, 12:14:26 AM »
filmdirtectonline.com dont go refillable chips pain in ass problems just go 3 cleaning and 2 blacks with cadlink rip xl love it. i will switching back to carts no refillables.
My experience!

Shane

Offline DCSP John

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2022, 12:02:45 PM »
this is great. thanks for the answers.