Author Topic: Work time start  (Read 1976 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Work time start
« on: August 05, 2022, 10:18:29 AM »
Question, I know this is going to be different for many reasons for some of us, but what times to you all have the press up and printing?  since we are small and do our own work we get in around 8:30 printing by 9:30.  Today we got in around 7:00 press up and running around 7: 45ish, now our doors open to the public at 9:00 to 5:00 work load changes our times for the most part for when we start the production area, but do any of you change your times for summer/winter.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline farmboygraphics

Re: Work time start
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 11:53:37 AM »
In for work between 6 and 6:30 M-F. Here until 5:30 or 6. Just me, myself and I. Just recently started keeping my front door locked.
The only one's who walked though it were time killers. Any order I've had that's worth my time has come though email.
It's so peaceful in here now. :-)
Tees and Coffee

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2022, 01:33:54 PM »
We have forever started the day at 7:30, still do, close at 5:00. My partner and I average 11 hours a day through Thursday, try to get out by 5:30 on a Friday, and almost always do a few hours on Saturday.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Croft

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2022, 12:13:55 PM »
We started at 8 for years ,  I have a few kids and used to do a lot of running around. When they became more self sufficient we changed to 7am start 4:30 finish and haven't looked back starting at 8or 9 seems like such a waste, My guys generally are in around 6:45 and presses are usually spinning by 7:15 . We also kept the same hours in the winter . When its slower in Jan/feb we don't work Fridays and that has worked out well.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 02:40:27 AM »
We started at 8 for years ,  I have a few kids and used to do a lot of running around. When they became more self sufficient we changed to 7am start 4:30 finish and haven't looked back starting at 8or 9 seems like such a waste, My guys generally are in around 6:45 and presses are usually spinning by 7:15 . We also kept the same hours in the winter . When its slower in Jan/feb we don't work Fridays and that has worked out well.
I used to come in at 8am, then Covid came and this changed to 10am then. I consider trying to get to work by 8am again but at the same time I love spending time with my dog in the morning. She is such a darling. By the way we live above our factory ;)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2022, 09:26:53 AM »
Mon-Fri, 9-5. If I'm here on the weekends, it's usually to use the welder or some other fun project for myself. I don't live to work......Money comes and goes, time only goes...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2022, 10:50:41 AM »
We start at 7am, they are powering on press by 7am and right to it. Setting up or printing something they already have set up. Really snappy.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Online whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2022, 12:15:48 PM »
We are 9-5, or really whenever they decide to roll in.. I am working on finding better staff, but until then this is it.

Last year we had out production staff work 4 10 hour days M-Th, 7-5. Then on Friday my manager and I would work getting everything ready for the following week and being here for people to pickup their orders before the weekend. They loved the 3 day weekend. They were early risers so it worked. My staff now, nope...not a chance in hell that they would come in before 9.

This area is pathetic for workers. I can not find anyone worth it.. so frustrating.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2022, 12:53:45 PM »
7 to 5, staff staggers what times they come in to cover those hours.
"No man is an island"