Author Topic: Poly White  (Read 6149 times)

Offline eliteinkprinting

• Verified/Junior
Poly White
« on: August 30, 2022, 12:21:32 PM »
Whats everyones go to for a poly white? We've used the International coatings for years, but I guess they've discontinued it. Still looking for a great comparable. Thanks!

Offline Croft

Re: Poly White
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 12:46:16 PM »
I had been using Wilflex Performance and top score for years but price wise it was getting nuts, I tried Monarch ULT II white and their ULT shield grey both are excellent inks and we are getting better
results with them , even on nasty hockey jerseys

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 02:25:55 PM »
we have used Union 1070 polywhite for years

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 03:08:30 PM »
Check into a universal white like ELT or 357 from Onestroke. 

We do a lot of school spiritwear orders and there are always poly shirts mixed with cotton and fleece.  We don't switch inks, just the cure temps.

Offline aauusa

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2022, 03:22:09 PM »
Check into a universal white like ELT or 357 from Onestroke. 

We do a lot of school spiritwear orders and there are always poly shirts mixed with cotton and fleece.  We don't switch inks, just the cure temps.

this is us as well,   do not switch inks just cure time,  we like the elt as well as color max,

Offline cleveprint

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2022, 05:23:02 PM »
I guess Im cheap, but 700.00 for a 5 gal of ELT seems bananas to me. No matter how convenient it is.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2022, 08:41:02 AM »
I guess Im cheap, but 700.00 for a 5 gal of ELT seems bananas to me. No matter how convenient it is.

Seems crazy, until you figure out what your costs are per print.  Ink and emulsion costs are negligible in the grand scheme if it increases production and decreases downtime.  If I swap white ink twice in a day, that takes about 5 minutes per swap.  In that time I can run 50-60 garments, easily...even contract that works out to $50-100.  Doesn't take many swaps for that ink to pay for itself.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2022, 09:06:53 AM »
Cheap as I am I second using One Stroke inks, we use the ELT S, yep it cost a little more but well worth it knowing you don't have to worry about dye migration, plus you can cure at a lower temp.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2022, 09:39:42 AM »
ELT here too, I honestly don't care about costs much anymore. We don't pay for it anyway, we pass it on. I care about quality of life and convenience. It gets pretty cold here and this is the only ink that doesn't get effected by it. Plus it will stick to anything you can put under a screen. Pros outweigh the cons.

...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline sunday

• Verified/Junior
  • Your friendly neighborhood ink person :)
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2022, 03:20:28 PM »
We've got a few different poly white options in our shop, but our usual go-to is Rutland Super Poly White (now possibly called Super Poly Plus White). Last summer we tried out just about every poly white ink that I could find online, and we still ended up back with Rutland.

We use the Top Score LC White from Wilflex for printing jerseys, usually at the numerator, and we've had great success with that, though I can't speak to its use as an everyday poly white like some of y'all can.

We also use the ELT White, albeit a bit more sparingly. When we do use it, it's usually with nylobond additive for certain types of jackets. Thankfully we still have a good amount of it here, so I haven't had to deal with the steep price increase on that one...yet.

Offline eliteinkprinting

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2022, 12:12:37 PM »
ELT here too, I honestly don't care about costs much anymore. We don't pay for it anyway, we pass it on. I care about quality of life and convenience. It gets pretty cold here and this is the only ink that doesn't get effected by it. Plus it will stick to anything you can put under a screen. Pros outweigh the cons.
At this point I don't even care about cost. Ordered some Vortex Poly and Wilflex Poly white. Both seem to be similar to concrete. Just spent an hour mixing our wilflex. First pass didnt even clear in the screen(156 mesh)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2022, 12:52:55 PM »
Here my partner has been so happy with a gray underbase, that we tell all customers that white ink printing on poly is a 2 color print, end of story. Our customers have been fine with that, but having an ink that doesn't need that is pretty interesting too, and the time saving in setup alone could be worth it.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2022, 01:32:47 PM »
Here my partner has been so happy with a gray underbase, that we tell all customers that white ink printing on poly is a 2 color print, end of story. Our customers have been fine with that, but having an ink that doesn't need that is pretty interesting too, and the time saving in setup alone could be worth it.

Steve

most folks I know who print with an auto consider any white print two colors as they do it with two screens
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2022, 03:35:59 PM »
There are so many brands of shirts out here now it's hard to use one ink for all, but I will say I've just about got it nailed down using One Stroke ELT series white inks for comfort colors and cool white 7022 with a bleed blocker gray base for poly, I had so many white inks it was getting confusing so now I'm down to ICC and One Stroke.  Screen mesh also makes a big difference, my go to mesh is S-mesh.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Racer Tees

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2022, 10:15:04 PM »
What ever happened to Synergy?  Their white was the best I ever printed.