Author Topic: Printing Hoodies  (Read 1222 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Printing Hoodies
« on: September 29, 2022, 01:12:57 PM »
Anyone want to share and easy way to print hoodies without the nasty webb spray, I almost want to close our doors went a big order of hoodies come in, but the good thing is we can up-charge for them.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline cclaud3

Re: Printing Hoodies
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 02:43:37 PM »
We use waterbased tack. Roq iron in first head to smash the fabric down. A roller squeegee should accomplish this with similar results.
Allows for a cleaner print and keeps them stuck longer. Use a tile grout sponge with spray bottle of water to knock off platen lint every few rotations.

We print water based ink so we offer 1 color prints on non-dischargeable models/fabrics. This accounts for 1st screen using bleed blocker & 2 white screens.
Anything multi color must be a cotton-faced fleece for discharge. Anything beyond that is too difficult/too many colors & gets DTF transfers.

Even with that we still don't look forward to it.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 08:09:27 PM »
have ya tried nails, D?!.... thumb tacks? bullets...

yeah we can't either, web glue is the pits... We tried the waterbase glue and cleaning every other round but that was worse.

Funny story - we had a kid here years ago that loved his shoes, expensive ones. He was a hairy emm effer too. Wearing shorts one day, one of the other guys thought it would be hysterical to spray his hairy ass monkey legs with web glue, he missed and sprayed his brand new kicks... BOY was he MAD.... funny now, wasn't back then
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline rusty

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2022, 08:50:22 PM »
We use the 3m 77 adhesive for hoodies. Works better than anything else. I’m on a 7/8 diamondback and have to spray every other rotation to be safe. Not ideal but I don’t have to stop and it’s not a web spray. I get a case of em at $10 a can for the big ones.

We use waterbase adhesive for everything else.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2022, 12:06:39 PM »
Well I see it just ain't me that  :'( when hoodies roll in LOL, the webb spray tack is the best right now since I can control the spray and not get it all over the press, got about 5 more boxes to do  ;D
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2022, 01:23:13 PM »
Okay, maybe time to re-visit this product, the only alternative to adhesive I have ever seen.
Sort of like the stiff part of velcro, on a sheet metal plate, glued top your board. The "spikes" are angled so that the garment is pulled onto them in the direction of the squeegee stroke as it's loaded.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JVvQGe2924

I actually still have some for adult and kids I used fifteen years or so ago. I seem to remember having better luck with one color prints. Don't really remember why I put them away.

I got them directly from the manufacturer at the time, but I see that these folks offer them, though discontinued.

https://www.reichsupply.com/default.aspx?page=category%20search%20results&catlist=5050&tree=1500921*SCREEN+PRINTING*0%40%401500931*CLOSEOUTS+%26+DISCONTINUED+ITEMS*0%40%401500939*ACCESSORIES*5050%40%40&Parent=1500939&SearchSource=Pagination&SearchType=AND&forcePrice=False&forceAvailability=False&OrderByColumn=ITEMCODE&OrderByDirection=desc&SearchKey=SK91722PM&CurrentPage=2

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2022, 03:57:08 PM »
All us plastisol printers wished we printed water base discharge when it comes to hoodies, but thats not how it is. We have to deal with super thick and sticky white inks that only get worse the colder it gets. Web spray is about the only solution there is.
"No man is an island"

Offline Croft

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2022, 10:53:34 AM »
just finished 2000 fronts and arm prints , don't even want to know how many cans we used. We use the Albatross dry web spray

Offline BorisB

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2022, 11:33:49 AM »
We use waterbased tack. Roq iron in first head to smash the fabric down. A roller squeegee should accomplish this with similar results.

Which Brand waterbased tack så mycket do you use?