Tutorials/Training Video or Step by step process. > Art/Separation Tutes

How can I add 3 images onto 1 transparency?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Frog:
And, of course, make sure all are oriented the same direction.

screenxpress:

--- Quote from: Frog on November 01, 2022, 04:11:43 PM ---And, of course, make sure all are oriented the same direction.

--- End quote ---
Why is that if all have registration marks?

Frog:

--- Quote from: screenxpress on November 01, 2022, 08:21:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: Frog on November 01, 2022, 04:11:43 PM ---And, of course, make sure all are oriented the same direction.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Printers that feed film in and out may have a slight error in the feed direction, so you would want that "error" consistent from plate to plate.

screenxpress:

--- Quote from: Frog on November 01, 2022, 09:05:21 PM ---
--- Quote from: screenxpress on November 01, 2022, 08:21:16 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Printers that feed film in and out may have a slight error in the feed direction, so you would want that "error" consistent from plate to plate.

--- End quote ---
lol, I'm out.  I thought he wanted to put 3 with regs on 1 film

Sbrem:
Is it a left front print? There are a few options if you don't have a RIP; we use AccuRIP, outputting through Illustrator, and it has a "nesting" feature for this type of thing. In Illustrator, place your UltraSEPS file, and place your register marks above and below the art. Now reduce your artboard to fit tightly around the image, let's say it comes to 4" wide. When printing, it will put those 4" wide seps next to each other horizontally, so you could get 3 across on a 13 x 19 sheet; we use a 17" roll, so we could do a 4 color that way.

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version