Author Topic: Converting Nuarc MSP 3140 to Saati LED Single Point Bulb  (Read 6930 times)

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
Converting Nuarc MSP 3140 to Saati LED Single Point Bulb
« on: November 01, 2022, 12:25:08 PM »
Hey Everyone,
I did a search but can't seem to find it. I remember seeing someone on here changing out a MSP3140 to LED with the Saati bulb. Has anyone else done this? We are CTS, no use for the hold down or glass, so really we would be disconnecting the unit and just using the box / frame. The Saati bulb comes with its own timer.

Anyone done this?

Thanks!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Converting Nuarc MSP 3140 to Saati LED Single Point Bulb
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 09:42:46 AM »
We have the Saati 450, it's pretty good sized, roughly a cubic foot or slightly larger, so I guess you would need to check to see if it can fit inside the MSP. But one of the guys here built a tunnel of sorts, painted a flat black on the inside, with a slot to drop a frame into (like a toaster) and the lamp was at the other end, the appropriate distance for exposure. That might be easier than retrofitting the MSP. We use ours with a vacuum frame, Luddites that we are...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022, 12:52:20 AM »
Which version of the 3140?
We have the original with 4 posts, just removed the rest and put the light under it. We added a timer to control the exposure.
Pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2022, 12:57:31 PM »
We have the original with 4 posts, just removed the rest and put the light under it. We added a timer to control the exposure.
Pierre

Unfortunately not that one as that sounds good. Ours is only 10 years old so a "newer" one. But was also thinking of building a container where you can slide the screen in like a toaster. Take up less room

Offline CBCB

• !!!
Converting Nuarc MSP 3140 to Saati LED Single Point Bulb
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2022, 07:04:10 PM »
I have a ryonet box with the Saati bulb that I converted for CTS.

The toaster setup would save some space. But the slide-through contraption I have saves a couple of steps.

If I were in your shoes I’d skip the retrofit and build the toaster setup just to keep it simple. Sell the nuarc. Maybe bonus points if you get the full tablet set for the timer.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2022, 03:56:00 AM »
Pierre

Unfortunately not that one as that sounds good. Ours is only 10 years old so a "newer" one. But was also thinking of building a container where you can slide the screen in like a toaster. Take up less room
That`s what we did with our Vastex LED unit. We removed the glass and put metal frame on top of it instead that allows us to slide screens in from the side. The whole thing is now hanging on the wall in the darkroom and takes up hardly any space.

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2022, 03:49:01 PM »
I built a simple box with the lamp on the bottom and I slide the screen in on the top.
Really simple.     Kitson used to hand the screens on the wall.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2022, 08:08:54 PM »
I don't know why I didn't switch to this Saati Bulb waaaay earlier. Works like a charm. Now we are all Saati from emulsion to mesh to reclaim. Now exposure as well. I need to sell the CTS and get the Laser before the next hurricane season. Thank you everyone for the help and input and those that reached out!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 09:54:16 PM by brandon »

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2023, 08:56:43 AM »
We love our laser.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2023, 12:04:28 PM »
We upgraded to the heavy duty light source from Saati, and are still having some big issues, which have only popped up over the past 6mo-12mo.

We also have a 3140 that we use for high detail images. we chose not to convert, because the Metal Halide still works sooooo well.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285