Author Topic: Back in... again  (Read 5163 times)

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
Re: Back in... again
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2022, 06:43:43 AM »
It’s not a rumour. Full invoices with customer data are still sitting online for all to see.

Also for many, the ‘grandfathered’ plans that would be honoured ‘indefinitely’ went from $99 to $399. Way more than an extra $50.

Plus the price acquisition by a venture capital firm.

Not to mention the new payment processor announcement forcing people to use their system.

They’ve got plenty of resources so hopefully we see some positive progress.

The $50 I was referring to was based on my account specifically. I had the $149 plan for years and they just forced me into $199 now.

As for payments, I'm still able to use my Stripe account and I have not heard from them that I would have to strictly use their payment processing. If that ends up being the case, I'll likely have to look into other options.

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2022, 08:12:53 AM »
As for payments, I'm still able to use my Stripe account and I have not heard from them that I would have to strictly use their payment processing. If that ends up being the case, I'll likely have to look into other options.

This email went out a few weeks ago.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2022, 08:30:54 AM »
It’s not a rumour. Full invoices with customer data are still sitting online for all to see.

Also for many, the ‘grandfathered’ plans that would be honoured ‘indefinitely’ went from $99 to $399. Way more than an extra $50.

Plus the price acquisition by a venture capital firm.

Not to mention the new payment processor announcement forcing people to use their system.

They’ve got plenty of resources so hopefully we see some positive progress.

OH I know it's true, was trying to be a little funny because the whole thing is a bit funny.

Did you know who bought Printavo and what else they own?

Just adding 1 + 1, it still equals 2 for me.

I would not use Printavo if they paid me $199 a month given all these things. Nevermind both times I tried the service on a trail I was not wow'd at all.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2022, 08:34:09 AM »
Woof, this was eye opening. I guess the search for a new program begins lol.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2022, 11:10:33 AM »

GOOD....LUCK..... been barking up this tree for years, in one way or another they all fail.

I'd give my left nut to have someone develop a halfway decent program this isn't clunky, overly complicated or look like it was developed in the back room of Radio Shack on a Tandy 1000.

...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2022, 11:22:17 AM »

GOOD....LUCK..... been barking up this tree for years, in one way or another they all fail.

I'd give my left nut to have someone develop a halfway decent program this isn't clunky, overly complicated or look like it was developed in the back room of Radio Shack on a Tandy 1000.

I think Monday is it, if it had a invoicing system/quoting system. The power Monday has for schedulilng and so on is bar none the best for that type of thing just need the other end of it.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2022, 11:34:36 AM »

This was the main reason I stuck it out with Printavo. It's very clean and since I really only do screen printing, it had just enough to make my life easier. I'm messing around with Teesom but it's way too complicated for me. Doing a simple quote I wanted to claw my eyes out. Yoprint is looking like a winner right now just from the trial. It seems to be a slightly more feature rich Printavo but without over complicating things.

Offline prozyan

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2022, 11:42:51 AM »
We use Zoho for invoicing, etc and a big ass white board for work flow.

Old school!   ;D
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2022, 01:49:02 PM »
Looks like they want back on pulling the Stripe support, for old users anyway. This suggest to me they will pull the plug on it eventually though.

https://www.printavo.com/blog/payment-migration-faq

But they said “the success and support teams are working with everyone on a case-by-case basis” which is troubling. I prefer things to be a little more clear cut and transparent.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2022, 03:05:46 PM »
Looks like they want back on pulling the Stripe support, for old users anyway. This suggest to me they will pull the plug on it eventually though.

https://www.printavo.com/blog/payment-migration-faq

But they said “the success and support teams are working with everyone on a case-by-case basis” which is troubling. I prefer things to be a little more clear cut and transparent.

Interesting. I assume they want to switch everyone over so they can collect a percentage of the transaction fees being processed. If that is the case, I'd like to see a lower monthly payment, not a higher one. It would also be nice to at least get a statement on what they'll be doing to prevent another security breach.

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2022, 03:28:42 PM »
The problem is they don’t think they had a security breach, even though it was originally their code (or lack thereof) that allowed the pages to be scraped in the first place.

They seem solid on blaming Bing.

Despite me showing that I removed my own info from the results in minutes. So they could do the same for users in bulk.

Or at least tell them about it and let us figure it out.

But no their attitude about it has been really sketchy. They don’t take it seriously enough at all.

Imagine you had a client with 1mil followers and your company just put their home address on search engines. True story about a Printavo user. You can even pull printavo staff personal info off the searches.

I would much rather they get my 3% than someone else too but not giving the choice was a huge issue with the first announcement. Especially since they will still support and maintain it but won’t let everyone use it. That’s what makes it feel shady.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2022, 07:59:58 AM »
The problem is they don’t think they had a security breach, even though it was originally their code (or lack thereof) that allowed the pages to be scraped in the first place.

Despite me showing that I removed my own info from the results in minutes. So they could do the same for users in bulk.

But no their attitude about it has been really sketchy. They don’t take it seriously enough at all.

Imagine you had a client with 1mil followers and your company just put their home address on search engines. True story about a Printavo user. You can even pull printavo staff personal info off the searches.

I would much rather they get my 3% than someone else too but not giving the choice was a huge issue with the first announcement. Especially since they will still support and maintain it but won’t let everyone use it. That’s what makes it feel shady.

Isn't a good look for sure.

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2022, 10:04:29 AM »
This is total craziness. I don't use printavo, but one of my contract customers does... Just took a stroll on Bing and boom all their data is right there. Gave them a heads up.. id be so freaking pissed off. Unfreakingbelievable!

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2022, 11:00:14 AM »
How did you remove your info from the Bing search?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2022, 11:18:15 AM »

This was the main reason I stuck it out with Printavo. It's very clean and since I really only do screen printing, it had just enough to make my life easier. I'm messing around with Teesom but it's way too complicated for me. Doing a simple quote I wanted to claw my eyes out. Yoprint is looking like a winner right now just from the trial. It seems to be a slightly more feature rich Printavo but without over complicating things.

Teesom is pretty easy for quotes. I can do them in minutes.  It was a HUGE adjustment for us from T-quoter(which was a promising program back in the day). This is the biggest problem with any system is changing how you do things.

Holy smokes, I just found a bunch of Printavo invoices. That is insane. I'd be nuclear level pissed.