Author Topic: Back in... again  (Read 5093 times)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Back in... again
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2022, 04:22:15 PM »
With a security gap like that it makes you wonder what else is vulnerable though.
Only a matter of time until the dorks find it. The cloud was a mistake.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2022, 12:53:59 PM »
For anyone in a similar situation you have to disallow directory access in your .htaccess. Very simple.
Relying on a noindex/nofollow is mega dumb dumb. You think Yandex cares about noindex? Yandex doesn't care.
And neither does Bing apparently.

So, where would one find the .htaccess to disallow it? We love being much more organized than we ever were, but this kinda sucks...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2022, 12:58:11 PM »
With a security gap like that it makes you wonder what else is vulnerable though.
Only a matter of time until the dorks find it. The cloud was a mistake.

Great point.

For me though knowing that they are aware of this issue and are doing either nothing or close to nothing about it tells us all we need to know about their service.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2022, 01:01:20 PM »

So, where would one find the .htaccess to disallow it? We love being much more organized than we ever were, but this kinda sucks...

Steve

You can't as it isn't your server. Sorry I wasn't clear and was referring to anyone running similar services on their own.
But that's what Printavo needs to do to stop search engines from indexing it.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2022, 10:54:58 AM »
Not to keep piling on, but I'm trying to use more Printavo features to feel like I'm getting my monies worth. That being said, half the time there is an error when I try to use something. I've been printing my shipping labels through Printavo and it literally only works 50% of the time. Every other day I get an error message saying they're working on it. $200+ per month is way too much to have this much down time on standard features that should just work.

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2022, 05:30:12 PM »
Might as well keep going. Post like this anywhere else and they’ll tell you you’re an ass who doesn’t understand how hard Bruce works.