Author Topic: Blocker mixed with Quick White  (Read 2001 times)

Offline Raw Paw

• Verified/Junior
Blocker mixed with Quick White
« on: December 01, 2022, 10:44:35 PM »
What are the pros and cons of mixing 1/3 blocker and 2/3 white, to avoid using a blocker base?  We're using Wilflex Quick White and Armor Gray Blocker

Anyone here tried this?  Have heard mixed opinions.  Trying it out soon, have zero experience printing with a blocker, and this seems like a quick fix that would suit our needs in most cases.
Live by the blade, Die by the blade

Offline GaryG

• !!!
Re: Blocker mixed with Quick White
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 10:49:31 PM »
Two layers of Top Score White, say 125 or 110 will cover most anything, not having to fool with any mixtures time after time.
We use Quick (50/50) and Top Score (100% Poly).

Sprint White for Cottons to round out all White needs.

Offline Raw Paw

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 03:27:58 AM »
Two layers of Top Score White, say 125 or 110 will cover most anything, not having to fool with any mixtures time after time.
We use Quick (50/50) and Top Score (100% Poly).

Sprint White for Cottons to round out all White needs.

Thanks Gary.  So is Top Score a low cure ink with blocking properties?  We use Rio so low cure is an option.  Would like to avoid a blocker if at all possible.

And why do you prefer Sprint over Quick for cotton, if you don't mind me asking?
Live by the blade, Die by the blade

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 04:25:40 PM »
I think it will defeat the purpose if you mix the blocker in with the white, I hate using bleed blocker because how the white print lays on top of it, but on some stuff it's a must, we use wilfex bleed blocker gray and One stroke ELT-S white for top or IC cool white 7022, both are low cure inks with bleed resist in them which also helps.  We just printed some adidas cardinal jerseys and those things aren't nothing but bleeders, so a gray blocker base was a must since the print was mostly white ink, oh and some bleed blockers are better then others, some are to dark for a top white etc.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2022, 05:56:30 AM »
What are the pros and cons of mixing 1/3 blocker and 2/3 white, to avoid using a blocker base?  We're using Wilflex Quick White and Armor Gray Blocker

Anyone here tried this?  Have heard mixed opinions.  Trying it out soon, have zero experience printing with a blocker, and this seems like a quick fix that would suit our needs in most cases.
Most dry fit tees we use can be printed straight with Quick White, no blocker base required. We just tested it last month. Word of advise, my shop is based in Japan, which means we use Japanese garments which might behave differently than what you get in the US. Testing is the key. But I would not be surprised if you can get away on most colors with Quick White alone.