Author Topic: who's going to Long Beach 2023?  (Read 3722 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: who's going to Long Beach 2023?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2023, 03:50:57 PM »
Wasn't there personally but looks like we have a SAATI LTS, Lotus Holland auto reclaimer, ROQ Stampinator, and a SAATI dual pro coater on the way, plus some ancillary items.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2023, 08:39:34 PM »
Hey Zane, i believe Redwall has been running that Brother unit in the real world for maybe a year now? I believe they are a "testing ground" for Brother DTG.

Then yeah I'll have to post some pics of the shirt and inside backwards Van Halen lyrics hehehe

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2023, 12:37:12 AM »
It was just crazy to watch since they all moved independently and had less platens than in the video so it seemed like organized chaos.

Tony, congrats on all the new toys, we were right next to all those at the ROQ booth, they are all great pieces of equipment!

Stampinator is a great tool, I see a lot of places buy them and let it sit on a shelf, hope you put it to good use for under bases / fiber matte and many other benefits.  I find it interesting that ROQ US doesn't just promote their own inline heat press https://www.roqinternational.com/en/product//roq-level

Offline BRGtshirts

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2023, 03:19:44 PM »
My Long Beach notes (after four years of being away):
* Very well attended; spent a lot of time catching up which was really fun & good. So many people that more than once I left booths because there were so many people and I was just stopping by to say hello. The industry was out and happy to have a show to walk
* Yes, tons of DTF, so much in fact that I'm thinking of waiting another year before jumping in to see if anything/any company shakes out or separates themselves from the pack. We also print a lot of large coverage spot color work with PMS matching, so would have to really think about how to dial in a system to account for PMS matching/getting close enough.
* As someone else said, AI was a part of so many conversations. From vendors demonstrating AI-generated designs (M&R) to AI being the focal point of the Ink Kitchen's talk on future of the industry; it's certainly on people's minds. People are trying to figure out how to use it to help improve workflow, push content, and speed up production.
* Lots of smaller apparel vendors, I got some names but since we're east coast I'm a lot more picky as to whether I want to work with a shipping-only-from-CA smaller outfit.  Seems like earth tones and pastel type colors are still popular. LA T's is offering more prints (snake skin, cheetah like prints..).
* Ink manufacturers:  not as many as used to be with so many under the Avient umbrella.
* various reclaim systems from Bluewater to Image Technology to the European ones.

all in all, a good show!

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2023, 03:21:01 PM »
Hey Zane, are are some quick pics. We did Relentless Merch on the front, Union Avient logos on the sleeves, and Van Halen lyrics inside the shirt but backwards. If you hold it up in the mirror like in the picture you can read them. It was on Comfort Colors with Magna Discharge and Union White. Hand drawn art from Ben in the art department and scanned in like the 80s. Tried to keep it old school!

Offline rusty

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2023, 04:08:06 PM »
NICE! The best VH song

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2023, 07:07:22 PM »
NICE! The best VH song

Thanks! This one and Unchained for me. Plus on Unchained Eddie's guitar tone is sick. He didn't know it but he set the tone for half the Death Metal bands out there

Offline rusty

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2023, 10:32:59 AM »

[/quote]
He didn't know it but he set the tone for half the Death Metal bands out there
[/quote]

Ha, I will make sure to bring these up at my next get together as I have already annoyed everyone about Venom being the most influential band in terms of sound, etc.

But thats for another forum.

Hopefully others can chime in about highlights from the convention. Excited for this new year!